1. , . Expansion in the provision of psychological treatment in the United Kingdom. Behav Res Ther 2008; 46: 293–5.
2. , , , . The empirical status of cognitive-behavioral therapy: a review of meta-analyses. Clin Psychol Rev 2006; 26: 17–31.
3. , . Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for adult anxiety disorders: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. J Clin Psychiatry 2008; 69: 621–32.
4. . Cognitive Therapy for Emotional Disorders. New York: Meridian, 1979.
5. , . Acceptance and mindfulness-based therapy: new wave or old hat?Clin Psychol Rev 2008; 28: 1–16.
6. , , , , . DBT, FAP and ACT: how empirically oriented are the new behavior therapy technologies?Behav Ther 2004; 35: 35–54.
7. , . Individual differences in two emotion regulation processes: implications for affect, relationships, and well-being. J Pers Soc Psychol 2003; 85: 348–62.
8. , , , , . The importance of being flexible: the ability to both enhance and suppress emotional expression predicts long-term adjustment. Psychol Sci 2004; 15: 482–7.
9. , , , et al. Update on empirically validated therapies, II. The Clinical Psychologist 1998; 51: 3–16.
10. . Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn., text revision. Washington, DC: APA, 2000.
11. . The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
12. . The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Diagnostic Criteria for Research. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1993.
13. , . The biopsychosocial model of pain. In , eds. Pain: Psychological Perspectives. New Jersey: Erlbaum. 2004, pp. 35–57.
14. . Cognitive factors that maintain social anxiety disorder: a comprehensive model and its treatment implications. Cogn Behav Ther 2007; 36: 195–209.