1. , , , et al. Autonomic and neuroendocrine responses to stress in patients with functional hypothalamic secondary amenorrhea. Fertil Steril 2000;73:812–816.
2. . Current evaluation of amenorrhea. Fertil Steril 2004;82:266–272.
3. . Gonadotropin therapy: new trends and insights. Int J Fertil 1988;33:85–97.
4. , . Puberty: gonadarche and adrenarche. In , (eds.) Yen & Jaffe’s Reproductive Endocrinology, 7th edn. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2014, pp. 377–421.
5. , , , et al. Retrograde menstruation in women undergoing chronic peritoneal dialysis. Obstet Gynecol 1981;57:667–670.
6. , , . Epidemiology of secondary amenorrhea. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1973;117:80–86.
7. , . Prevalence of oligomenorrhea and amenorrhea in a college population. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982;144:98–102.
8. . Clinical syndromes of secondary amenorrhea. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1997;816:241–249.
9. , , , et al. [Prevalence and etiology of secondary amenorrhea in a selected Mexican population.]Ginecol Obstet Mex 1999;67:374–376 [Spanish].
10. , , . Relative weight and race influence average age at menarche: results from two nationally representative surveys of US girls studied 25 years apart. Pediatrics 2003;111:844–850.
11. , , , et al. Age at menarche and racial comparisons in US girls. Pediatrics 2003;111:110–113.
12. . Menstrual disorders in adolescence. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2003;17:75–92.
13. , , , et al. Secondary sexual characteristics and menses in young girls seen in office practice: a study from the Pediatric Research in Office Settings network. Pediatrics 1997;99:505–512.
14. , , , et al. The timing of normal puberty and the age limits of sexual precocity: variations around the world, secular trends, and changes after migration. Endocr Rev 2003;24:668–693.
15. , , , et al. Adult-onset amenorrhea: a study of 262 patients. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1986;155:531–543.
16. , , , et al. Menstrual functioning and psychopathology in a county-wide population of high school girls. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2002;41:1197–1204.
17. , , . Evaluation of hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis in amenorrhoeic women with insulin-dependent diabetes. Hum Reprod 1999;14:298–302.
18. , , , et al. Prevalence of hyperprolactinemia in schizophrenic patients treated with conventional antipsychotic medications or risperidone. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2003;28:55–68.
19. , , , et al. Improvement in endocrine and ovarian function during dietary treatment of obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1992;36:105–111.
20. , , , et al. Weight loss in obese infertile women results in improvement in reproductive outcome for all forms of fertility treatment. Hum Reprod 1998;13:1502–1505.
21. , , . LH and FSH response to gonadotropin releasing hormone in anorexia nervosa: effect of nutritional rehabilitation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1975;41:135–142.
22. , . Exercise and reproductive dysfunction. Fertil Steril 1999;71:1–6.
23. . Eating disorders in adolescence and their sequelae. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2003;17:57–73.
24. . Clinical review 105: stress and the reproductive cycle. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:1768–1774.
25. , , , et al. Ectopic hyperprolactinemia resulting from an ovarian teratoma. JAMA 1990;263:2472–2474.
26. , , , et al. Absence of cushingoid phenotype in a patient with Cushing's disease due to defective cortisone to cortisol conversion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:57–62.
27. , , , et al. Premature ovarian failure. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2000;161(1–2):53–57.
28. , , . Incidence of premature ovarian failure. Obstet Gynecol 1986;67:604–606.
29. , . Intrauterine adhesions: an updated appraisal. Fertil Steril 1982;37:593–610.
30. , . Transient ovarian failure: a complication of uterine artery embolization. Fertil Steril 2001;75:438–439.
31. , , , et al. Amenorrhoea secondary to endometrial ablation and Asherman's syndrome following uterine artery embolization. Clin Radiol 2001;57:317–318.
32. , . Secondary occupational amenorrhea. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2004;87:48–49.
33. , , , et al. Meeting the needs of young women with secondary amenorrhea and spontaneous premature ovarian failure. Obstet Gynecol 2002;99:720–725.
34. . Irregular or absent periods: what can an ultrasound scan tell you?Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2004;18:3–11.
35. , , , et al. Polycystic ovaries. Br J Radiol 2002;75:9–16.
36. , , , et al. Pressure lavage under ultrasound guidance: a new approach for outpatient treatment of intrauterine adhesions. Fertil Steril 2001;75:601–606.
37. , , , et al. Transvaginal sonohysterographic evaluation of intrauterine adhesions. J Clin Ultrasound 1999;27:131–134.
38. , , , et al. Hyperprolactinaemia in hypothyroidism: clinical significance and impact of TSH normalization. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2003;58:185–191.
39. , , . Prolactin disorders. Fertil Steril 1997;67:215–225.
40. . Clinical practice. Prolactinoma. N Engl J Med 2003;349:2035–2041.
41. , , , et al. The natural history of untreated hyperprolactinemia: a prospective analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1989;68:412–418.
42. . Clinical review 65: evaluation and treatment of the patient with a pituitary incidentaloma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1995;80:3.
43. , . The natural history of the pituitary incidentaloma. Arch Intern Med 1995;155:181–183.
44. , , . Clinical review 45: clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1993;76:1089–1094.
45. , , , et al. Imbalanced follicle-stimulating hormone beta-subunit hormone biosynthesis in human pituitary adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1992;74:1343–1351.
46. , , , et al. Pituitary magnetic resonance imaging in normal human volunteers: occult adenomas in the general population. Ann Intern Med 1994;120:817–828.
47. , , , et al. The "incidentaloma" of the pituitary gland. Is neurosurgery required?JAMA 1990;263:2772–2776.
48. , , , et al. Consensus on women's health aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the Amsterdam ESHRE/ASRM-sponsored 3rd PCOS Consensus Workshop Goup. Fertil Steril 2012;97:28–38.
49. , . Hyperandrogenism, insulin resistance, and acanthosis nigricans syndrome: a common endocrinopathy with distinct pathophysiologic features. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1983;147:90–101.
50. , , , et al. Screening for 21-hydroxylase-deficient nonclassic adrenal hyperplasia among hyperandrogenic women: a prospective study. Fertil Steril 1999;72:915–925.
51. , . Exercise-induced endocrine pathologies. J Endocrinol Invest 2003;26:873–878.
52. , . Clinical review 106: amenorrheic bone loss. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:1775–1783.
53. , . Anorexia nervosa in female adolescents: endocrine and bone mineral density disturbances. Eur J Endocrinol 2002;147:275–286.
54. , , , et al. Effects of a triphasic combination oral contraceptive containing norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol on biochemical markers of bone metabolism in young women with osteopenia secondary to hypothalamic amenorrhea. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003;88:3651–3656.
55. . Long-term gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist therapy: the evolving issue of steroidal "add-back" paradigms. Hum Reprod 1994;9:1380–1397.
56. , , , et al. Leptin is an effective treatment for hypothalamic amenorrhea. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2011;108:6586–6590.
57. , , , et al. Cumulative conception and live birth rates after the treatment of anovulatory infertility: safety and efficacy of ovulation induction in 200 patients. Hum Reprod 1994;9:1563–1570.
58. , . Clinical features of young women with hypergonadotropic amenorrhea. Fertil Steril 1990;53:804.
59. , , . The age of occurrence of gonadal tumors in intersex patients with a Y chromosome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1976;124:293–300.
60. , . Neoplasia arising in dysgenetic gonads. Obstet Gynecol Surv 1986;41:74–79.
61. , , , et al. Spontaneous pubertal development in Turner's syndrome. Italian Study Group for Turner's Syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1997;82:1810–1813.
62. , , . Resumption of ovarian function and pregnancies in 358 patients with premature ovarian failure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2011;96:3864–3872.
63. . Primary ovarian insufficiency. N Engl J Med 2009;306:606–614.
64. , , , et al. Unexpected pregnancy during hormone-replacement therapy in a woman with elevated follicle-stimulating hormone levels and amenorrhea. Gynecol Endocrinol 1999;13:89–92.
65. , , , et al. Spontaneous and pharmacologically induced remissions in patients with premature ovarian failure. Obstet Gynecol 1988;72:926–928.
66. , , . Ovulation induction in women with premature ovarian failure: a prospective, crossover study. Fertil Steril 1992;57:448–449.
67. , , . Ovulation induction in premature ovarian failure: a placebo-controlled randomized trial combining pituitary suppression with gonadotropin stimulation. Fertil Steril 1995;64:273–278.
68. , , , et al. Risk of death in pregnancy achieved through oocyte donation in patients with Turner syndrome: a national survey. Fertil Steril 2003;80:498–501.
69. , , , et al. Using an electrocautery strategy or recombinant follicle stimulating hormone to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome: randomized controlled trial. BMJ 2004;328:192–196.
70. , , . Timing of sexual intercourse in relation to ovulation: effects on the probability of conception, survival of the pregnancy, and sex of the baby. N Engl J Med 1995;333:1517–1521.
71. , , , et al. Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin. N Engl J Med 2002;346:393–403.
72. , . Does metformin induce ovulation in normoandrogenic anovulatory women?Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:1580–1584.
73. , , , et al. Effects of metformin on spontaneous and clomiphene-induced ovulation in the polycystic ovary syndrome. N Engl J Med 1998;338:1876–1880.
74. , , , et al. Metformin increases the ovulatory rate and pregnancy rate from clomiphene citrate in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome who are resistant to clomiphene citrate alone. Fertil Steril 2001;75:310–315.
75. , . Use of an aromatase inhibitor for induction of ovulation in patients with an inadequate response to clomiphene citrate. Fertil Steril 2001;75:305–309.
76. , , . Comparison of two aromatas inhibitors in women with clomiphene-resistant polycystic ovary syndrome. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2004;85:289–291.
77. . Duration of fertility following ovarian wedge resection: Stein–Leventhal syndrome. West J Surg Obstet Gynecol 1964;72:237–242.
78. , , , et al. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome wedge resected in 1956 to 1965: a long-term follow-up focusing on natural history and circulating hormones. Fertil Steril 1992;57:505–513.
79. , , , et al. Long or highly irregular menstrual cycles as a marker for risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. JAMA 2001;286:2421–2426.
80. , , , et al. Genotyping steroid 21-hydroxylase deficiency: hormonal reference data. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1983;57:320–326.