1. , , , et al. Natural history of cervicovaginal papillomavirus infection in young women. N Engl J Med 1998;338:423–428.
2. , . Cofactors in human papillomavirus carcinogenesis – role of parity, oral contraceptives, and tobacco smoking. JNCI Monogr 2003;20–28.
3. , . Genital tract infections, cervical inflammation, and antioxidant nutrients: assessing their roles as human papillomavirus cofactors. JNCI Monogr 2003;29–34.
4. , , , et al. Persistent genital human papillomavirus infection as a risk factor for persistent cervical dysplasia. JNCI 1995;87:365–371.
5. . Papillomaviruses and cancer: from basic studies to clinical application. Nat Rev Cancer 2002;2:342–350.
6. . The structure, function, and regulation of papillomaviral genes in infection and cervical cancer. Adv Virus Res 1994;44:305–356.
7. , , , . The human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncogene is required for the productive stage of the viral life cycle. J Virol 2000;74:6622–6631.
8. . ACOG Committee Opinion No. 301: sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents. Obstet Gynecol 2004;104:891–898.
9. , , , et al. The 2001 Bethesda System: terminology for reporting results of cervical cytology. JAMA 2002;287:2114–2119.
10. , , , et al. Latent papillomavirus and recurring genital warts. N Engl J Med 1985;313:784–788.
11. , , , . Recurrence of condylomata acuminata of the urethra after conventional and fluorescence-controlled Nd:YAG laser treatment. Urology 2003;61:1011–1015.
12. , . Therapy of external anogenital warts and molluscum contagiosum: a literature review. Dermatol Ther 2004;17:68–101.
13. . Critical appraisal of commonly used treatment for genital warts. Int J STD AIDS 2004;15:357–364.
14. , , , et al. Treatment of genital warts with an immune-response modifier (imiquimod). J Am Acad Dermatol 1998;38:230–239.
15. , , ., et al. Imiquimod, a patient-applied immune-response modifier for treatment of external genital warts. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1998;42:789–794.
16. , , , et al. Self-administered topical 5% imiquimod cream for external anogenital warts. HPV Study Group. Arch Dermatol 1998;134:25–30.
17. , , , . Topical imiquimod 5% cream as an effective treatment for external genital and perianal warts in different patient populations. Sex Transm Dis 2003;30:124–128.
18. . Imiquimod in clinical practice. Australas J Dermatol 1998;39(Suppl 1):S14–S16.
19. . Genital and perianal warts: new treatment opportunities for human papillomavirus infection. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;189(Suppl):S3–S11.
20. , , , et al. External genital warts: diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Clin Infect Dis 2002;35(Suppl 2):S210–S224.
21. . Natural history of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a critical review. Int J Gynecol Pathol 1993;12:186–192.
22. , , , et al. Cervical human papillomavirus infection and intraepithelial neoplasia: a review. JNCI Monogr 1996;21:17–25.
23. . Carcinoma in situ of the cervix and its malignant potential. A lesson from New Zealand. Cytopathology 1990;1:321–328.
24. , , , . Margin status and excision of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a review. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2000;55:520–527.
25. , , , et al. The role of endocervical curettage at cervical conization for high-grade dysplasia. Obstet Gynecol 1995;85:197–201.
26. , , , et al. Adenocarcinoma in situ of the uterine cervix: management and outcome. Gynecol Oncol 1996;61:304–308.
27. , , . Management and follow-up of patients with adenocarcinoma in situ of the uterine cervix. Gynecol Oncol 1995;57:158–164.
28. , , , et al. A cohort study of the risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2 or 3 in relation to papillomavirus infection. N Engl J Med 1992;327:1272–1278.
29. , , , et al. Risks for incident human papillomavirus infection and low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion development in young females. JAMA 2001;285:2995–3002.
30. , , , et al. The natural history of human papillomavirus infection as measured by repeated DNA testing in adolescent and young women. J Pediatr 1998;132:277–284.
31. , , , et al. Natural history of cervical human papillomavirus infection in young women: a longitudinal cohort study. Lancet 2001;357:1831–1836.
32. , . Risk level, knowledge, and preventive behavior for human papillomaviruses among sexually active college women. J Am Coll Health 1992;40:227–230.
33. , , , et al. Genital human papillomavirus infections: knowledge, perception of risk, and actual risk in a nonclinic population of young women. J Womens Health 1997;6:113–121.
34. , , , et al. University students' knowledge and awareness of HPV. Prev Med 1999;28:535–541.
35. , , , . Knowledge about human papillomavirus among adolescents. Obstet Gynecol 2000;96:653–656.
36. , , , et al. Adolescents' knowledge of human papillomavirus and cervical dysplasia. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2000;13:15–20.
37. , , , . Adults' knowledge and behaviors related to human papillomavirus infection. J Am Board Fam Pract 2004;17:16–31.
38. , , , . The psychosexual impact of human papillomavirus cervical infections. J Fam Pract 1999;48:110–116.
39. . FDA licensure of bivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV2, Cervarix) for use in females and updated HPV vaccination recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR 2010;59:626–629.