1. , , , et al. Haemodynamic effects of subarachnoid block in elderly patients. Br J Anaesth 1994; 73: 464–70.
2. , , , et al. Rapid administration of crystalloid preload does not decrease the incidence of hypotension after spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 1992; 68: 394–7.
3. , , , et al. A reevaluation of the role of crystalloid preload in the prevention of hypotension associated with spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean section. Anesthesiology 1993; 79: 262–9.
4. , , Volume preloading is not essential to prevent spinal-induced hypotension at caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 1995; 75: 262–5.
5. , , , et al. Maternal and uteroplacental haemodynamic state in pre-eclamptic patients during spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 1996; 76: 616–20.
6. , , , et al. Fluid preload before spinal anaesthesia in Caesarean section: the effect on neonatal acid-base status. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2006; 23: 676–9.
7. , . Is crystalloid preloading useful in spinal anaesthesia in the elderly?Anaesthesia 1990; 45: 241–3.
8. , , , et al. Hypertonic saline prehydration in patients undergoing transurethral resection of the prostate under spinal anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth 1994; 72: 227–8.
9. , , , et al. Crystalloid preload versus rapid crystalloid administration after induction of spinal anaesthesia (coload) for elective caesarean section. Anaesth Intensive Care 2004; 32: 351–7.
10. . Hypotension, subarachnoid block and the elderly patient. Anaesthesia 1996; 51: 1139–43.
11. , . Time course of increased haemodilution in hypotension induced by extradural anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth 1996; 77: 223–6.
12. , , , et al. Effect of intravenous fluid preload on vasoactive peptide secretion during Caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 1996; 51: 128–32.
, , , et al
. Pre-eclampsia: the effect of intravenous fluid preload on atrial natriuretic peptide secretion during caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia
. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 1996
, , , et al
. Effects of crystalloid and colloid preload on blood volume in the parturient undergoing spinal anesthesia for elective Cesarean section [see comments]
. Anesthesiology 1999
15. , . The effects of lactated Ringer’s solution infusion on cardiac output changes after spinal anesthesia. Anesth Analg 2001; 92: 710–14.
16. , , , et al. Crystalloid/colloid versus crystalloid intravascular volume administration before spinal anesthesia in elderly patients: the influence on cardiac output and stroke volume. Anesth Analg 2009; 108: 650–4.
17. , , . Pharmacokinetic aspects of fluid therapy. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2009; 23: 213–24.
18. , . Plasma dilution and the rate of infusion of Ringer’s solution. Br J Anaesth 1997; 79: 64–7.
19. , , , et al. Prevention of hypotension after spinal anesthesia for cesarean section: six percent hetastarch versus lactated Ringer’s solution. Anesth Analg 1995; 81: 838–42.
20. , , , et al. Prevention of spinal anesthesia-induced hypotension in the elderly: comparison between preanesthetic administration of crystalloids, colloids, and no prehydration. Anesth Analg 1997; 84: 106–10.
21. , . Intravascular volume optimisation during repair of proximal femoral fracture. Regional anaesthesia is usually technique of choice. BMJ 1998; 316: 1090.
22. , , , et al. Randomized controlled study of colloid preload before spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 2001; 87: 772–4.
23. , , . The effects of an increase of central blood volume before spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a qualitative systematic review. Anesth Analg 2001; 92: 997–1005.
24. , , , et al. Colloid vs. crystalloid preloading to prevent maternal hypotension during spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean section. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2005; 49: 1200–6.
25. , , , et al. Prediction of hypotension during spinal anesthesia for Cesarean section and its relation to the effect of crystalloid or colloid preload. Int J Obstet Anesth 2007; 16: 128–34.
26. , . A randomised trial comparing 5 mL/kg and 10 mL/kg of pentastarch as a volume preload before spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section. Int J Obstet Anesth 2006; 15: 279–83.
27. , , , et al. Hydroxyethylstarch compared with modified gelatin as volume preload before spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 1996; 76: 731–3.
28. , , , et al. Techniques for preventing hypotension during spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; CD002251.
29. , , , et al. Preload or coload for spinal anesthesia for elective Cesarean delivery: a meta-analysis. Can J Anaesth 2010; 57: 24–31.
30. . Volume kinetics for infusion fluids. Anesthesiology 2010; 113: 470–81.
31. , , . The effect of Trendelenburg position, lactated Ringer’s solution and 6% hydroxyethyl starch solution on cardiac output after spinal anesthesia. Anesth Analg 2009; 108: 655–9.
32. , , , et al. A randomized trial comparing colloid preload to coload during spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean delivery. Anesth Analg 2009; 109: 1219–24.