1. . Day Case Anaesthesia. Oxford, UK: Oxford Library Press 2009.
2. , , . Major morbidity and mortality within 1 month of ambulatory surgery and anesthesia. JAMA 1993; 270: 1437–41.
3. , . Return hospital visits and hospital readmissions after ambulatory surgery. Ann Surg 1999; 230: 721–7.
4. , , . Return hospital visits and morbidity within 60 days after day surgery: a retrospective study of 18,736 day surgical procedures. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2006; 50: 911–19.
5. , , . Adverse events in ambulatory surgery. A comparison between elderly and younger patients. Can J Anaesth 1999; 46: 309–21.
, , , , , , et al
. (Task Force on Scandinavian Pre-operative Fasting Guidelines, Clinical Practice Committee Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine). Pre-operative fasting guidelines: an update
. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2005
7. , , . Preoperative fasting for adults to prevent perioperative complications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003: CD004423.
8. , , , , , . Preoperative fasting for preventing perioperative complications in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; CD005285.
9. , , , , . Drinking 300 mL of clear fluid two hours before surgery has no effect on gastric fluid volume and pH in fasting and non-fasting obese patients. Can J Anaesth 2004; 51: 111–15.
10. , , , et al. Overweight/obesity and gastric fluid characteristics in pediatric day surgery: implications for fasting guidelines and pulmonary aspiration risk. Anesth Analg 2009; 109: 727–36.
11. , , . Liberalisation of preoperative fasting guidelines: effects on patient comfort and clinical practicability during elective laparoscopic surgery of the lower abdomen. Zentralbl Chir 2008; 133: 479–85.
12. , , , , . Elimination of preoperative testing in ambulatory surgery. Anesth Analg 2009; 108: 467–75.
13. , , , , . Preoperative oral carbohydrates and postoperative insulin resistance. Clin Nutr 1999; 18: 117–20.
14. . Modulating postoperative insulin resistance by preoperative carbohydrate loading. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2009; 23: 401–9.
15. , , , et al. Liberal versus restrictive fluid administration to improve recovery after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomized, double-blind study. Ann Surg 2004; 240: 892–9.
16. , , , et al. Effect of intravenous crystalloid infusion on postoperative nausea and vomiting after thyroidectomy: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2009; 26: 188–91.
17. , , . Physiologic effects of intravenous fluid administration in healthy volunteers. Anesth Analg 2003; 96: 1504–9.
18. , , , . Pre-operative intravenous fluid therapy with crystalloids or colloids on postoperative nausea & vomiting. Indian J Med Res 2008; 127: 577–81.
19. , , , et al. Intravenous fluid loading with or without supplementary dextrose does not prevent nausea, vomiting and pain after laparoscopy. Can J Anaesth 2003; 50: 440–4.
20. . From Aldrete to PADSS: Reviewing discharge criteria after ambulatory surgery. J Perianesth Nurs 2006; 21: 259–67.
21. , , , . A prospective randomized double-blinded study of the effect of intravenous fluid therapy on adverse outcomes on outpatient surgery. Anesth Analg 1995; 80: 682–6.
22. , , , . Intravenous fluid and postoperative nausea and vomiting after day-case termination of pregnancy. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 1998; 42: 216–19.
23. , , , . Perioperative rehydration in ambulatory anesthesia for dentoalveolar surgery. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 1999; 88: 279–84.
24. , , , . Effect of supplemental pre-operative fluid on postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anaesthesia 2003; 58: 780–4.
, , , , . Effect of intraoperative intravenous crystalloid infusion on postoperative nausea and vomiting after gynaecological laparoscopy: comparison of 30 and 10 ml/kg
. Br J Anaesth 2004
26. , , , et al. Preoperative intravenous fluid therapy decreases postoperative nausea and pain in high risk patients. Anesth Analg 2005; 100: 675–82.
27. , , . The impact of operative fluids on the prevention of postoperative anesthetic complications in ambulatory surgery – high dose vs low dose. Middle East J Anesthesiol 2006; 18: 1147–56.
28. , , , , . A prospective randomized blinded study of the effect of intravenous fluid therapy on postoperative nausea and vomiting in children undergoing strabismus surgery. Paediatr Anaesth 2006; 16: 49–53.
29. , , .Preoperative fluid bolus and reduction of postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing laparoscopic gynecologic surgery. AANA J 2009; 77: 110–14.