1. , , , et al. Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia guidelines for the management of postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg 2007;105:1615–28, table.
2. , , , et al. Risk factors for severe postoperative nausea and vomiting in a randomized trial of nitrous oxide-based vs nitrous oxide-free anesthesia. Br J Anaesth 2008;101:498–505.
3. , , , . Can remifentanil replace nitrous oxide during anesthesia for ambulatory orthopedic surgery with desflurane and fentanyl?Anesth Analg 2008;106:101–8, table.
4. , . Effect of nitrous oxide on propofol requirement during target-controlled infusion for oocyte retrieval. Int J Obstet Anesth 2007;16:13–16.
5. , , , et al. Hemodynamic effects, recovery profiles, and costs of remifentanil-based anesthesia with propofol or desflurane for septorhinoplasty. Saudi Med J 2007;28:358–63.
6. , , , et al. Remifentanil-propofol in vertebral disk operations: hemodynamics and recovery versus desflurane-N(2)O inhalation anesthesia. Adv Ther 2007;24:622–31.
7. , , , et al. Total intravenous anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil is associated with a nearly twofold higher incidence in postanesthetic shivering than desflurane-fentanyl anesthesia. Med Sci Monit 2006;12:CR452–CR456.
8. , , , et al. The effect of anaesthetic agents on induction, recovery and patient preferences in adult day case surgery: a 7-day follow-up randomized controlled trial. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008;25:876–83.
9. , , . Anesthesia for day case excisional breast biopsy: propofol-remifentanil compared with sevoflurane-nitrous oxide. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008;25:460–7.
10. , , , et al. Effect of total intravenous anesthesia and balanced anesthesia on the frequency of coughing during emergence from the anesthesia. Br J Anaesth 2007;99:587–91.
11. , , , . Randomized comparison of two anti-emetic strategies in high-risk patients undergoing day-case gynaecological surgery. Br J Anaesth 2007;98:470–6.
12. , , , et al. The effect of anesthetic technique on early postoperative gastric emptying: comparison of propofol-remifentanil and opioid-free sevoflurane anesthesia. J Anesth 2006;20:261–7.
13. , , , et al. Low fresh gas flow balanced anesthesia versus target controlled intravenous infusion anesthesia in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a cost-minimization analysis. Clin Ther 2008;30:1714–25.
14. , , , et al. Two cases with past and family history of febrile convulsion developed seizure-like movements during sevoflurane anesthesia. Anesthesiology 2008;109:571.
15. , , , et al. Total intravenous anesthesia including ketamine versus volatile gas anesthesia for combat-related operative traumatic brain injury. Anesthesiology 2008;109:44–53.
16. , , , Halogenated anaesthetics and cardiac protection in cardiac and non-cardiac anesthesia. Ann Card Anaesth 2009;12:4–9.
17. , , , et al. Post-induction alfentanil reduces sevoflurane-associated emergence agitation in children undergoing an adenotonsillectomy. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009;53:678–81.
18. , , , . Comparison of methohexital and propofol use in ambulatory procedures in oral and maxillofacial surgery. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2008;66:1996–2003.
19. , . Ketamine: a new look at an old drug. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2000;13:463–8.
20. , . Adverse events associated with ketamine for procedural sedation in adults. Am J Emerg Med 2008;26:985–1028.
21. . Propofol-ketamine technique. Aesthetic Plast Surg 1993;17:297–300.
22. . Propofol ketamine anesthesia for cosmetic surgery in the office suite. Int Anesthesiol Clin 2003;41:39–50.
23. , , . The use of “ketofol” (ketamine-propofol admixture) infusion in conjunction with regional anesthesia. Anaesth Intensive Care 2009;37:121–3.
24. , , , et al. Subdissociative-dose ketamine versus fentanyl for analgesia during propofol procedural sedation: a randomized clinical trial. Acad Emerg Med 2008;15:877–86.
25. , , , et al. Addition of ketamine to propofol for initiation of procedural anesthesia in children reduces propofol consumption and preserves hemodynamic stability. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2008;52:561–5.
26. , , . Efficacy of ketamine and midazolam as co-induction agents with propofol for laryngeal mask insertion in children. Paediatr Anaesth 2008;18:628–34.
27. , . Combination ketamine and propofol for procedural sedation and analgesia. Pharmacotherapy 2007;27:1588–98.
28. , . The clinical role of NMDA receptor antagonists for the treatment of postoperative pain. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2007;21:85–98.
29. , , . Safety of laryngeal mask airway and short-stay practice in office-based adenotonsillectomy. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009;53:218–22.
30. , , , . No supplemental muscle relaxants are required during propofol and remifentanil total intravenous anesthesia for laparoscopic pelvic surgery. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2009;19:33–7.
31. , , , et al. Tracheal intubation in routine practice with and without muscular relaxation: an observational study. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2005;22:672–7.
32. , , , et al. Does the timing of tracheal intubation based on neuromuscular monitoring decrease laryngeal injury? A randomized, prospective, controlled trial. Anesth Analg 2006;102:306–12.
33. , , , et al. Effects of extended-release metoprolol succinate in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery (POISE trial): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2008;371:1839–47.
34. , , , et al. Esmolol blunts postoperative hemodynamic changes after propofol-remifentanil total intravenous fast-track neuroanesthesia for intracranial surgery. J Clin Anesth 2008;20:426–30.
35. , , , et al. Intraoperative esmolol infusion in the absence of opioids spares postoperative fentanyl in patients undergoing ambulatory laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Anesth Analg 2007;105:1255–62, table.
36. , , . Target-controlled infusion versus manually controlled infusion of propofol for general anesthesia or sedation in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;CD006059.
37. , , , et al. Automation in anesthesia: computer controlled propofol infusion and data acquisition. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008;2008:5543–7.
38. , , , et al. The accuracy and clinical feasibility of a new Bayesian-based closed-loop control system for propofol administration using the bispectral index as a controlled variable. Anesth Analg 2008;107:1200–10.
39. , , , et al. Feasibility of closed-loop titration of propofol guided by the bispectral index for general anesthesia induction: a prospective randomized study. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2006;23:465–9.
40. , , , et al. A model-predictive hypnosis control system under total intravenous anesthesia. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2008;55:874–87.
41. , , . Dexmedetomidine: a review of clinical applications. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2008;21:457–61.
42. , , , et al. Dexmedetomidine causes prolonged recovery when compared with midazolam/fentanyl combination in outpatient shock wave lithotripsy. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008;25:961–7.
43. , , , et al. Dexmedetomidine as a substitute for remifentanil in ambulatory gynecologic laparoscopic surgery. Saudi Med J 2009;30:77–81.
44. , , , et al. Effect of a 0.5% dilution of propofol on pain on injection during induction of anesthesia in children. Anesthesiology 2007;106:80–4.
45. , , , et al. A phase 3, randomized, double-blind study to assess the efficacy and safety of fospropofol disodium injection for moderate sedation in patients undergoing flexible bronchoscopy. Chest 2009;135:41–7.
46. , , . Comparison of the sedative properties of CNS 7056, midazolam, and propofol in sheep. Br J Anaesth 2009;103:848–57.
47. , , , et al. Respiration during emergence from anesthesia with desflurane/N2O vs. desflurane/air for gynaecological laparoscopy. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 1998;42:1192–8.
48. , . Propofol and postanesthetic shivering. Anaesthesia 1995;50:550–2.
49. . Use of cerebral monitoring during anesthesia: effect on recovery profile. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2006;20:181–9.
50. , , , et al. Skin conductance or entropy for detection of non-noxious stimulation during different clinical levels of sedation. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007;51:1–7.
51. , , , . Can the cerebral state monitor replace the bispectral index in monitoring hypnotic effect during propofol/remifentanil anesthesia?Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007;51:210–16.
52. , , , . Reduction in the incidence of awareness using BIS monitoring. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2004;48:20–6.
53. , , , et al. Bispectral index monitoring to prevent awareness during anesthesia: the B-Aware randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004;363:1757–63.
54. , , , . Efficacy of the A-line AEP monitor as a tool for predicting successful insertion of a laryngeal mask during sevoflurane anesthesia. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2004;48:888–93.
55. , , , et al. Comparison of two induction regimes using or not using muscle relaxant: impact on postoperative upper airway discomfort. Br J Anaesth 2007;99:276–81.