1. , , et al. Histopathologic analysis of foci of signal loss on gradient-echo T2*-weighted MR images in patients with spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage: evidence of microangiopathy-related microbleeds. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1999;20:637–42.
2. , , et al. Correlation of hypointensities in susceptibility-weighted images to tissue histology in dementia patients with cerebral amyloid angiopathy: a postmortem MRI study. Acta Neuropathol 2010;119:291–302.
3. , , , , , et al. Cerebral microbleeds: a guide to detection and interpretation. Lancet Neurol 2009;8:165–74.
4. , , . Spontaneous brain microbleeds: systematic review, subgroup analyses and standards for study design and reporting. Brain 2007;130:1988–2003.
5. , , et al. Microbleeds versus macrobleeds: evidence for distinct entities. Stroke 2009;40:2382–6.
6. , , et al. Prevalence and risk factors of cerebral microbleeds: the Rotterdam Scan Study. Neurology 2008;70:1208–14.
7. , , , . Clinical diagnosis of cerebral amyloid angiopathy: validation of the Boston criteria. Neurology 2001;56:537–9.
8. , , et al. Spatial clustering of hemorrhages in probable cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Ann Neurol 2005;58:459–62.
9. , , . Cerebral microbleeds are a risk factor for warfarin-related intracerebral hemorrhage. Neurology 2009;72:171–6.
10. , , , . Warfarin-associated hemorrhage and cerebral amyloid angiopathy: a genetic and pathologic study. Neurology 2000;55:947–51.
11. , , , , . Asymptomatic microbleeds as a risk factor for aspirin-associated intracerebral hemorrhages. Neurology 2003;60:511–13.
12. , , et al. Brain microbleeds as a potential risk factor for antiplatelet-related intracerebral haemorrhage: hospital-based, case-control study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2010;81:679–84.
13. , , et al. Aspirin and recurrent intracerebral hemorrhage in cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Neurology 2010;75:693–8.
14. , , et al. Cognitive dysfunction in patients with cerebral microbleeds on T2*-weighted gradient-echo MRI. Brain 2004;127:2265–75.
15. , , et al. Microbleeds and post-stroke emotional lability. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2009;80:1082–6.
16. , , et al. Impact of MRI markers in subcortical vascular dementia: a multi-modal analysis in CADASIL. Neurobiol Aging 2010;31:1629–36.
17. , , , , . Imaging cerebral microbleeds using susceptibility weighted imaging: one step toward detecting vascular dementia. J Magn Reson Imaging 2010;31:142–8.
18. , , . Leuko-araiosis. Arch Neurol 1987;44:21–3.
19. , , et al. White matter changes on CT and MRI: an overview of visual rating scales. European Task Force on Age-Related White Matter Changes. Eur Neurol 1998;39:80–9.
20. , , et al. The Microbleed Anatomical Rating Scale (MARS): reliability of a tool to map brain microbleeds. Neurology 2009;73:1759–66.
21. , , et al. MRI biomarkers of vascular damage and atrophy predicting mortality in a memory clinic population. Stroke 2009;40:492–8.
22. , , et al. MR imaging detection of cerebral microbleeds: effect of susceptibility-weighted imaging, section thickness, and field strength. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2009;30:338–43.
23. , , et al. Asymptomatic cerebral microbleeds seen in healthy subjects have a strong association with asymptomatic lacunar infarction. Circ J 2009;73:530–3.
24. , , et al. Progression of mild cognitive impairment to dementia: contribution of cerebrovascular disease compared with medial temporal lobe atrophy. Stroke 2009;40:1269–74.
25. , , et al. Detection of silent cerebrovascular disease refines risk stratification of hypertensive patients. J Hypertens 2009;27:846–53.
26. , , et al. Serial susceptibility weighted MRI measures brain iron and microbleeds in dementia. J Alzheimer Dis 2009;17:599–609.
27. , , et al. Descriptive analysis of the Boston crtieria applied to a Dutch-type cerebral amyloid angiopathy population. Stroke 2009;40:3022–7.
28. , , et al. Cerebral microbleeds predict first-ever symptomatic cerebrovascular events. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2009;111:825–8.
29. , , et al. Impaired kidney function and cerebral microbleeds in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Neurology 2009;73:1645–8.
30. , , et al. Cerebral microbleeds in predialysis patients with chronic kidney disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2010;25:1554–59.
31. , , et al. Brain microbleeds relate to higher ambulatory blood pressure levels in first-ever lacunar stroke patients. Stroke 2009:40:3264–8.
32. , , , , . Cerebral microbleeds in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage are associated with previous cerebrovascular diseases and white matter hyperintensity, but not with regular use of antiplatelet agents. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2009;49:333–9.
33. , . Silent microbleeds and old hematomas in spontaneous cerebral hemorrhages. J Korean Neurosurg Soc 2009;46:38–44.
34. , , et al. Different distribution patterns of cerebral microbleeds in acute ischemic stroke patients with and without hypertension. Eur Neurol 2009;62:298–303.
35. , , et al. Rapid appearance of new cerebral microbleeds after acute ischemic stroke. Neurology 2009;73:1638–44.
36. , , for the Image Study Group. Cerebral microbleeds are frequent in infective endocarditis. A case–control study. Stroke 2009;40:3461–5.
37. , , , . Cerebral microbleeds in ischemic stroke patients on warfarin treatment. Stroke 2009;40:3638–40.
38. , , et al. Patients with Alzheimer disease with multiple microbleeds. Relation with cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers and cognition. Stroke 2009;40:3455–60.
39. , , et al. Detection of traumatic cerebral microbleeds by susceptibilityweighted image of MRI. J Korean Neurosurg Soc 2009;46:365–9.
40. , , et al. Improving interrater agreement about brain microbleeds: development of the Brain Observer MicroBleed Scale (BOMBS). Stroke 2009;40:94–9.
41. , , et al. Clinical applications of neuroimaging with susceptibilityweighted imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging 2005;22:439–50.
42. , , et al. Microbleed detection using automated segmentation (MIDAS): a new method applicable to standard clinical MR images. PLoS One 2011;6:e0017547.