1. PTSD: another great masquerader [“The Psychiatrist’s Toolbox”]. Clinical Psychiatry News 2009;37:23.
2. Post-traumatic stress disorder. N Engl J Med 2002;346:108–14.
3. . Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR, (4th Edition). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc; 2000.
4. , , , et al. Comorbidity, impairment, and suicidality in subthreshold PTSD. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158:1467–73.
5. Learning about combat stress from Homer’s Iliad. J Trauma Stress 1991;4:561–79.
6. , , , , War psychiatry. In: , , (Eds.). Textbook of Military Medicine. Washington, DC: Department of the Army, Office of The Surgeon General, Borden Institute; 1995.
7. , Men Under Stress. Philadelphia: Blakiston; 1945.
8. , , , et al. Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms following media exposure to tragic events: impact of 9/11 on children at risk for anxiety disorders. Anxiety Disord 2007;21:888–902.
9. Compassion fatigue: psychotherapists chronic lack of self care. J Clin Psychol 2002; 58:1433–41.
10. , Anxiety disorders: clinical features. In Kaplan & Sadock’s Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, (8th Edition. Chapt. 14.8). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2005.
11. , , Post-traumatic stress reactions following motor vehicle accidents. Am Fam Physician 1999;60:524–31.
12. , , , “Broken heart syndrome”: catecholamine surge or aborted myocardial infarction?. J Invasive Cardiol 2008;20:9–13.
13. , Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: state-of-the-art review. J Nucl Cardiol 2009;16:122–34.
14. Posttraumatic stress disorder, exposure to combat, and lower plasma cortisol among Vietnam veterans: findings and clinical implications. J Consul Clin Psychol 1996;64:191–201.
15. , , Earthquake-related stress and cardiac mortality. Int J Epidemiol 1986;15:326.
16. , , Universal consequences of captivity: stress reactions among divergent populations of prisoners of war and their families. Int J Soc Sci 1976;28:593–609.
17. , , , (Eds.). Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society. New York: Guilford Press; 1996.
18. , Medication management of combat and operational stress injuries in active duty service members. In: , , (Eds.). Combat Stress Injury. New York: Routledge; 2007: 219–45.
19. Trauma and Recovery. New York: Basic Books; 1997.
20. , , , et al. A primary care perspective of posttraumatic stress disorder for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 2005;7:180–7.
21. , , , et al. The primary care PTSD screen (PC-PTSD): development and operating characteristics. Prim Care Psychiatry 2003;9:9–14.
22. , , , et al. The primary care PTSD screen (PC-PTSD): corrigendum. Prim Care Psychiatry 2004;9:151.
23. A SANE way to care for rape victims. J Emerg Nurs 1991;17:1–2.
24. The sexual assault resource service: a new model of care. Minn Med 1996;79:43–5.
25. , A cognitive model of post-traumatic stress disorder. Behav Res Ther 1999;38:319–45.
26. , , , et al. A prospective study of posttraumatic stress symptoms and nonadherence in survivors of a myocardial infarction (MI). Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2001;23:215–22.
27. Shame and humiliation in the medical encounter. Arch Intern Med 1987;147:1653–8.
28. , Post traumatic stress disorder in a World War II veteran. (letter). Am J Psychiatry 1986;143:1458–86.
30. , , , , Multicenter, double-blind comparison of sertraline and placebo in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2001;58:485–92.
31. , , , , Fluoxetine in post-traumatic stress disorder: randomised, double-blind study. Br J Psychiatry 1999;175:17–22.
32. , , , Core symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder unimproved by alprazolam treatment. J Clin Psychiatry 1990;51:236–8.
33. , , , , Treatment of recent trauma survivors with benzodiazepines: a prospective study. J Clin Psychiatry 1996;57:390–4.
35. , , , , Virtual reality exposure therapy for Vietnam veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62:617–22.
36. , Virtual reality exposure therapy for World Trade Center post-traumatic stress disorder: a case report. Cyberpsychol Behav 2002;5:529–35.
37. , , , , Posttraumatic stress disorder in the National Comorbidity Survey. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1995;52:1048–60.