1. , , Infantile hydrocephalus epidemiology: an indicator of enhanced survival. Arch Dis Child 1994;70:F123–8.
2. , , , et al. Prevalence of congenital hydrocephalus in California, 1991–2000. Pediatr Neurol 2011;45:67–71.
3. , , , et al. Congenital hydrocephalus – prevalence, prenatal diagnosis and outcome of pregnancy in four European regions. Eur J Paediatr Neurol 2010;14:150–5.
4. , , . Medfødt hydrocephalus – forekomst og prognose. Mortalitet og morbiditet i en populationsbaseret opgørelse. Ugeskr Laeger 2003;165:466–9.
5. , , , et al. On the changing epidemiology of hydrocephalus. Childs Nerv Syst 2009;25:795–800.
6. , , , et al. Twelve-year prevalence of common neonatal congenital malformations in Zhejiang Province, China. World J Pediatr 2011;7:331–6.
7. , , , et al. Frequency of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus. Arch Neurol 1989;46:608.
8. , , , et al. Shunting normal-pressure hydrocephalus: do the benefits outweigh the risks? A multicenter study and literature review. Neurology 1992;42:54–9.
9. , , , et al. Starnberg trial on epidemiology of Parkinsonism and hypertension in the elderly. Prevalence of Parkinson’s disease and related disorders assessed by a door-to-door survey of inhabitants older than 65 years. Arch Neurol 1995;52:1017–22.
10. , . Clinical and demographic features of patients with dementia attended in a tertiary outpatient clinic. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2002;60:548–52.
11. , . Normal pressure hydrocephalus: survey on contemporary diagnostic algorithms and therapeutic decision-making in clinical practice. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 2004;146:379–88.
12. , , , et al. Incidence and causes of nondegenerative nonvascular dementia. A population-based study. Arch Neurol 2006;63:218–21.
13. , , . Estimated incidence of normal pressure hydrocephalus and shunt outcome in patients residing in assisted-living and extended-care facilities. Neurosurg Focus 2007;22:E1.
14. , . Prevalence of probable idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (iNPH) in a Norwegian population. Acta Neurol Scand 2008;118:48–53.
15. , , , et al. Development of guidelines for idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus: introduction. Neurosurgery 2005;57:S1–S3.
16. , , Prevalence of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus in the elderly population of a Japanese rural community. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2008;48:197–9.
17. , , , et al. Prevalence of possible idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus in Japan: the Osaki-Tajiri project. Neuroepidemiology 2009;32:171–5.
18. , , , et al. Asymptomatic ventriculomegaly with features of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus on MRI (AVIM) in the elderly: a prospective study in a Japanese population. J Neurol Sci 2009;277:54–7.
19. , . Normal pressure hydrocephalus. How often does the diagnosis hold water?Neurology 2011;77:1119–25.
20. , , . Prevalence of potentially reversible conditions in dementia and mild cognitive impairment in a geriatric clinic. Geriatr Gerontol Int 2012;12:59–64.
. Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH): more about NPH by a physician who is also the patient
. Clin Med 2011
22. , , , et al. Dutch normal-pressure hydrocephalus study: prediction of outcome after shunting by resistance to outflow of cerebrospinal fluid. J Neurosurg 1997;87:687–93.
23. , , , et al. Normal pressure hydrocephalus: long-term outcome after shunt surgery. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008;79:1282–6.
24. , , , et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and analysis of long-term outcomes in idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus. Neurosurgery 2005;57:699–705.
25. , , , et al. Cerebrospinal fluid drainage and dynamics in the diagnosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus. Neurosurgery 2009;64:919–25.
26. , , , et al. Prevalence of hydrocephalus in 157 patients with vestibular schwannoma. Neuroradiology 2005;47:344–51.
27. , , , et al. Incidence of ventricular shunt placement for hydrocephalus with clipping versus coiling for ruptured and unruptured cerebral aneurysms in the Nationwide Inpatient Sample database: 2002 to 2007. World Neurosurg 2011;76:548–54.
28. , , . National and regional incidence of surgery for adult hydrocephalus in Sweden. Acta Neurol Scand 2005;112:72–5.
29. , , , et al. Five-year incidence of surgery for idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus in Norway. Acta Neurol Scand 2009;120:314–16.