1. . Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems, 2nd edn. Geneva: WHO, 2012.
2. . Care of Women Requesting Induced Abortion. Evidence-Based Clinical Guideline No 7. London: RCOG, 2011.
3. . Induced Abortion and Mental Health. A systematic review of mental health outcomes of induced abortion. London: Academy of Royal Colleges, 2011.
4. . Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion. Report of the Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion. Washington DC: APA, 2008.
6. Words matter! J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2010;36:55–8.
7. . Saving Mother’s Lives. Reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer. 2006–2008. The Eighth Report on the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Death in the UK. 2011.
Guttmacher Institute. Facts on Induced Abortion Worldwide 2012. www.guttmacher.org
(accessed 18 September 2013).
9. , Young People in London: Abortion and Repeat Abortion. Research Report. London: Policy Studies Institute, 2010.
10. The decision to opt for abortion. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2008;34:175–80.
11. Emotional and psychological impact of abortion: a critique of the literature. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2008;34:181–4.
12. . Fetal Awareness. Review of Research and Recommendations for Practice. Report of a Working Party. London: RCOG, 2010.
13. . A statement on abortion by 100 Professors of Obstetrics: 40 years later. One Hundred Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Contraception 2013;88:568–76.
14. Decision-making Support within the Integrated Care Pathway for Women Considering or Seeking Abortion
: Brook and FPA
15. Understanding and responding to anti-choice women centred strategies. Reproductive Health Matters 2002;10:171–9.
17. , Abortion misinformation from Crisis Pregnancy Centres in North Carolina. Contraception 2012;86:752–6.
19. Abortion: unfinished business. Reproductive Health Matters 1997;5:6–9.
21. . Scientific Developments Relating to the Abortion Act 1967. Twelfth Report of Session 2006–07, Vol 1 (HC 1045–1) September 2007.
22. Second trimester abortion provision: breaking the silence and changing the discourse. Reproductive Health Matters (Supplement) Second trimester abortion: women’s health and public policy 2008;16:74–81.
, Abortion: what is the problem? Lancet 2012