1. . Programme of Action of the United Nations International Conference on Population and Development. New York: United Nations, 1994.
2. The Politics of Population: The International Conference on Population and Development. London: Earthscan Publications, 1995.
3. , Human rights dynamics of abortion law reform. Hum Rights Q 2003;25:1–59.
4. . Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. Fourth World Conference on Women. New York: United Nations, 1995.
5. Abortion and human rights. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2010;24:633–46.
6. Global progress in abortion advocacy and policy: an assessment of the decade since ICPD. Reprod Health Matters 2005;13:88–100.
7. , Sexual and reproductive rights at the United Nations: frustration or fulfillment? Reprod Health Matters 2011;19:102–18.
8. . General Comment No. 28: Equality of rights between men and women, UN Doc. CCPR/C/21rev.1/Add.10 (2000).
9. , Abortion as a human right – international and regional standards. Hum Rights Law Rev 2008;8:249–94.
10. . General Comment No. 4: Adolescent health and development, UN Doc. CRC/GC/2003/4 (2003).
11. Harm reduction, human rights and access to information on safer abortion. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2012;118:83–6.
12. State obligations to implement African abortion laws: employing human rights in a changing legal landscape. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2012;119:198–202.
13. . General Recommendation No. 24: Women and Health, UN Doc. A/54/38/Rev.1 (1999).
14.Letter dated 10 November 2006, from Victor Abramovich of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, and Santiago A. Canton to Norman Calderas Cardenal, Nicaraguan Minister of Foreign Affairs.
15. Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa. AHG/Res, 240 (XXXI), adopted 11 July 2003, entered into force 25 November 2005.
16. . Protocol to the African Charter on the Rights of Women: implications for access to abortion at the regional level. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2010;110:163–6.
17. Vo v. France, Application No. 53924/00, (2005) 40 E.H.R.R. 12, Eur. Ct. H.R. (2004).
18. et al. (“in vitro fertilization”) v. Costa Rica, Preliminary Objections, Merits, Reparations and Costs, Judgment, Inter-Am. Ct. H.R. (series C) No. 257 (November 28, 2012).
19. A, B, and C v. Ireland,  E.C.H.R. 2032.
20. Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health. Interim report to the General Assembly. UN Doc. A/66/150 (2011).
21. . Making Abortion Services Accessible in the Wake of Legal Reforms: A Framework and Six Case Studies. New York: Guttmacher Institute, 2012.
22. K.L. v. Peru, Communication no. 1153/2003, UN Doc. CCPR/C/85/D/1153/2003 (Human Rights Committee) (2005).
23. L.M.R. v. Argentina, Communication no. 1608/2007, UN Doc. CCPR/C/101/D/1608/2007 (Human Rights Committee) (2011).
24. X and XX v. Colombia, MC-270/09, Inter-Am. C.H.R. (2011).
25. Paulina Ramirez v. Mexico, Case 161–02, Report no. 21/07, Inter-Am. C.H.R., Friendly Settlement (2007).
26. The procedural turn: abortion at the European Court of Human Rights. In , , (eds.) Rethinking Abortion and the Law: A Transnational Perspective. Pennsylvania Press, 2014.
27. R.R. v. Poland, Application no. 27617/04, Eur. Ct. H.R. (2011).
28. . Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems, 2nd edn. Geneva: WHO, 2012.
, , . Updated WHO guidance on safe abortion: health and human rights
. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2013