Skip to main content Accessibility help
×
Home
Hostname: page-component-564cf476b6-qxxll Total loading time: 0.202 Render date: 2021-06-18T22:53:14.222Z Has data issue: true Feature Flags: { "shouldUseShareProductTool": true, "shouldUseHypothesis": true, "isUnsiloEnabled": true, "metricsAbstractViews": false, "figures": true, "newCiteModal": false, "newCitedByModal": true, "newEcommerce": true }

Article contents

Reduced sensitivity of the mushroom pathogen Verticillium fungicola to prochloraz-manganese in vitro

Published online by Cambridge University Press:  14 June 2005

Francisco J. GEA
Affiliation:
Centro de Investigación, Experimentación y Servicios del champiñón, Apdo. 8, ES-16220 Quintanar del Rey (Cuenca), Spain. E-mail: fjgea.cies@dipucuenca.es
María J. NAVARRO
Affiliation:
Centro de Investigación, Experimentación y Servicios del champiñón, Apdo. 8, ES-16220 Quintanar del Rey (Cuenca), Spain. E-mail: fjgea.cies@dipucuenca.es
Julio C. TELLO
Affiliation:
Dpto. de Producción Vegetal, Escuela Politécnica Superior II, Universidad de Almería, ES-04120 Almería, Spain.
Get access

Abstract

105 isolates of Verticillium fungicola from Spanish mushroom crops collected between 1992 and 1999 were tested in vitro for their sensitivities to prochloraz-manganese. Dose response relationships for inhibition of mycelial growth by the fungicide were assessed in radial growth experiments on fungicide-amended malt extract agar. The ED50 values recorded for all 105 isolates studied ranged between 0.8 ppm in 1992 and 8.8 in 1998, with an average of 2.9. 86% of the isolates tested were more sensitive to prochloraz-manganese and had ED50 values below 5 ppm, while the other 14% were slightly tolerant with ED50 values equal or above 5 ppm. Of those tested from 1999, 60% (21 isolates) grew with 50 ppm and 40% (14) also at 100 ppm, although mycelial growth was inhibited at least by 82 and 87%, respectively. The resistance factor calculated ranged from low fungicide resistance (RF=3.0) in 1992 to moderate resistance (RF=12.6) in 1998. These data confirm that the sensitivity of V. fungicola to the prochloraz-manganese gradually diminishes.

Type
Research Article
Copyright
© The British Mycological Society 2005

Access options

Get access to the full version of this content by using one of the access options below.

Send article to Kindle

To send this article to your Kindle, first ensure no-reply@cambridge.org is added to your Approved Personal Document E-mail List under your Personal Document Settings on the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account. Then enter the ‘name’ part of your Kindle email address below. Find out more about sending to your Kindle. Find out more about sending to your Kindle.

Note you can select to send to either the @free.kindle.com or @kindle.com variations. ‘@free.kindle.com’ emails are free but can only be sent to your device when it is connected to wi-fi. ‘@kindle.com’ emails can be delivered even when you are not connected to wi-fi, but note that service fees apply.

Find out more about the Kindle Personal Document Service.

Reduced sensitivity of the mushroom pathogen Verticillium fungicola to prochloraz-manganese in vitro
Available formats
×

Send article to Dropbox

To send this article to your Dropbox account, please select one or more formats and confirm that you agree to abide by our usage policies. If this is the first time you use this feature, you will be asked to authorise Cambridge Core to connect with your <service> account. Find out more about sending content to Dropbox.

Reduced sensitivity of the mushroom pathogen Verticillium fungicola to prochloraz-manganese in vitro
Available formats
×

Send article to Google Drive

To send this article to your Google Drive account, please select one or more formats and confirm that you agree to abide by our usage policies. If this is the first time you use this feature, you will be asked to authorise Cambridge Core to connect with your <service> account. Find out more about sending content to Google Drive.

Reduced sensitivity of the mushroom pathogen Verticillium fungicola to prochloraz-manganese in vitro
Available formats
×
×

Reply to: Submit a response

Please enter your response.

Your details

Please enter a valid email address.

Conflicting interests

Do you have any conflicting interests? *