- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1045-6635 (Print), 2325-5080 (Online)
- Editors: Julia Hendon Gettysburg College, USA, and Calogero Santoro Universidad de Tarapacá, Chile
- Editorial board
Latin American Antiquity is a quarterly journal that publishes original papers on the archaeology, ethnohistory, and art history of Latin America and the Caribbean and all regions in the continental New World that are south of the current U.S.-Mexico border. The journal publishes ARTICLES, REPORTS, and COMMENTS in method and theory, field research, and analysis that use a Latin American database as defined above.
Why Archaeological Repositories and Data Publishers Care about being FAIR
- 09 February 2023,
- Post Excerpt Archaeological data that are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (i.e. FAIR) enable all sorts of things that we can’t do with “hidden” or “siloed” data. As such, FAIR practices have clear impacts on archaeological data use and reuse....
Academic publishing in 2023: what’s front of mind for archaeologists?
- 31 January 2023,
- With 2023 on the horizon, and the landscape of academic publishing in flux, Cambridge University Press spoke to the Editors of the SAA’s journals to find out...
Looking Forward to the End of ‘Digital Archaeology’
- 07 November 2022,
- Part of a series of blog posts celebrating the 10th anniversary of the journal Advances in Archaeological Practice. It may come as somewhat of a surprise that the Digital Reviews Editor for Advances in Archaeological Practice is calling for an end to the concept of ‘Digital Archaeology’.…...
Tweets by SAAorg
Tweets by CambUP_Archaeo