Within the book reviews section, IRSH aims to focus on publications that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- a. cover a new subject or field within the broader range of social and labour history;
- b. cover a subject outside the traditional geographical or chronological focus of social and labour history (Europe and North America, nineteenth and twentieth century);
- c. use new research methods or methodologies;
- d. use a comparative perspective; give a good overview of subject fields that are insufficiently covered in the English language literature;
- e. new results or perspectives on the more traditional subject fields of social and labour history, in particular by using newly available source materials or research methods.
Individuals who wish to contribute a book review should read the instructions for book reviewers.
Publishers with books for review should contact the Exectutive Editor:
Mr Aad Blok, email@example.com
Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis
1019 AT Amsterdam