Editor-in-Chief for Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences (CJNS)
The Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation (CNSF) is searching for a Canadian Neurosciences clinician with experience in the peer-review process to lead this established international neurological, neurosurgical and neuroscience journal.
The general responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief are:
- Overseeing the scientific content, quality, and impact of the CJNS
- Maintaining and managing an effective and efficient review process
- Appointing Associate Editors and Editorial Board members
- Preparing and submitting an annual report to the Editorial Board and regular reports to the CNSF Board of Directors
- Chairing the annual Editorial Board meeting
- Contributing to the Journal’s strategic plan, mission, and vision
- Keeping informed of the mission, organization and operations of relevant Canadian Neuroscience organizations, including: the Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation (CNSF), their member Societies and other Neuroscience organizations.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Background in scientific research and publishing
- Interest in the business aspect of medical publishing
- Ability to network broadly to encourage participation from authors and reviewers
- Ability to establish and implement goals, strategies and tactics
- Must be a CNSF member
NOTE: Editorial support staff, stipend, managing editorial staff and operational systems are in place.
Send applications, including a CV to:
Dr. Michael Hill, Chair
Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation
c/o Dan Morin, CEO
Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2023
Anticipated start date: January 2024