Skip to main content Accessibility help
Author publishing agreement

During the Covid-19 crisis we understand that some authors may not have access to equipment to enable electronic return of a scanned, signed Author Publishing Agreement. If this applies to you, please see these FAQs. If you are able, please return the full Author Publishing Agreement as normal.

Before Cambridge University Press can publish a journal article (or any other journal content type) we need a signed licence to publish. To find the right form, start by considering who owns the copyright and then select the most appropriate option.

Open Access Articles

So that we have the necessary rights to publish your article, we ask you to grant a non-exclusive licence to publish. (We do not ask you to transfer your copyright to us.) A non-exclusive licence means that the rights needed to publish the paper are granted to the journal owner on a non-exclusive basis and the ownership of the copyright remains unchanged. Select the correct form from the choice of two in the table below.

In open access there is a fundamental principle that content should not only be accessible but also be freely reusable for the good of research and humanity. We comply with this principle by asking you to select, within your form, a Creative Commons licence. The CC licence you choose will determine how readers can use your article.

Who are you and who owns the copyright?Correct FormsWho Signs?
I am the sole author and I own the copyright in the article OR I am one of two or more authors and we jointly own the copyright in the articleOne author
I am the sole author and my employer (government or non-government) owns the copyright in the article OR I am one of two or more authors and one or more of our employers (government or non-government) jointly own the copyright in the articleEach author and each employer