1. . The pathology of parkinsonisum. In: , , eds. Mov Disord 2. London: Butterworths, 1987; 124–65
2. . The Parkinson’s complex: parkinsonism is just the tip of the iceberg. Ann Neurol 2006;59:591–6.
3. , , , et al. Idiopathic Parkinson’s disease: possible routes by which vulnerable neuronal types may be subject to neuroinvasion by an unknown pathogen. J Neural Transm 2003;110:517–36.
4. , , , et al. Stages in the development of Parkinson’s disease-related pathology. Cell Tissue Res 2004;318:121–34.
5. , , , et al. Interaction of the basal ganglia and supplementary motor area in the elaboration of movement. In: , , eds. Motor Control and Sensory Motor Integration Issues and Directions. Perth: North-Holland, 1995;37–59.
6. , , . The motor function of the monkey globus pallidus: parameters of movement and phasic neuronal activity. Brain 1991;114:1667–83.
7. , , . The motor function of the monkey globus pallidus: cognitive aspects of movement and phasic neuronal activity. Brain 1991;114:1685–702.
8. , , . Volume perception in parkinsonian speech. Mov Disord 2000;15:1125–31.
9. , , , et al. Event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging in Parkinson’s disease before and after levodopa. Brain 2001;124:558–70.
10. , . Parkinson’s Disease: A Team Approach. Blackburn Victoria, Australia: Buscombe-Vicprint, 1997.
11. , . The timed “Up & Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons. J Am Geriatric Soc 1991;39:142–8.
12. , , . Reliability of measurements obtained with the timed “Up & Go” test in people with Parkinson’s disease. Phys Therapy 2001;8:810–18.
13. , , , et al. Utility of an objective dyskinesia rating scale for Parkinson’s disease: inter- and intra-rater reliability assessment. Mov Disord 1994;9:390–4.
14. , . A single-blind crossover study investigating the efficacy of standard and controlled release levodopa in combination with entacapone in the treatment of end-of-dose effect in people with Parkinson’s disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2011;17:533–6.
15. . Pharmacological management of Parkinson’s disease. J Pharmacy Pract Res, 2004;34:229–32.
16. , , . The scientific and clinical basis for the treatment of Parkinson disease. Neurology 2009;72:S1–136.
17. , , , et al. Movement Disorder Society sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results. Mov Disord 2008;23:2129–70.
18. , , , et al. The Parkinson fatigue scale, Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2005;11:49–55.
19. , , , et al. The Parkinson’s Disease Questionnaire (PDQ-39): development and validation of a Parkinson’s disease summary index score. Age Ageing 1997;26:353–7.
20. , . Parkinsonism: onset, progression and mortality. Neurology 1967;17:427–42.
21. , . Projection technique for evaluating surgery in Parkinson’s disease. In , , eds. Third Symposium in Parkinson’s Disease: Edinburgh: E & S Livingstone, 1969.
22. , . “Mini-mental State”. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J Psychiatr Res 1975;12:189–98.
23. . A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. Sleep 1992;15:376–81.
24. , , , et al. The Parkinson’s disease sleep scale: a new instrument for assessing sleep and nocturnal disability in Parkinson’s disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2002;73:629–35.
25. , , . Optimizing care of residents with Parkinsonism in supervised facilities. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2010;16: 351–5.
26. , , , et al. National standards for diabetes self-management education. Diabetes Care, 2009;32:S87–94.
27. , , , . Patient self-management of chronic disease in primary care. JAMA 2002;288(19):2469–75.
28. , , , et al., Limited (information only) patient education programs for adults with asthma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002;2:CD001005.
30. , , . A randomized controlled trial of movement strategies compared with exercise for people with Parkinson’s disease. Mov Disord 2009;24:64–71.