1. , , , et al. The Movement Disorder Society Evidence-Based Medicine Review Update: Treatments for the motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Mov Disord 2011;26:S2–41.
2. , , , et al. Transplantation of embryonic dopamine neurons for severe Parkinson’s disease. New Engl J Med 2001;344:710–19.
3. , , , et al. A double-blind controlled trial of bilateral fetal nigral transplantation in Parkinson’s disease. Ann Neurol 2003;54:403–14.
4. , , , et al. The effect of deprenyl and levodopa on the progression of Parkinson’s disease. Ann Neurol 1995;38:771–7.
5. . Impact of deprenyl and tocopherol treatment on Parkinson’s disease in DATATOP subjects not requiring levodopa. Parkinson Study Group. Ann Neurol 1996;39:29–36.
6. , , , et al; Parkinson Study Group. Impact of sustained deprenyl (selegiline) in levodopa-treated Parkinson’s disease: a randomized placebo-controlled extension of the deprenyl and tocopherol antioxidative therapy of parkinsonism trial. Ann Neurol 2002;51:604–12.
7. , , , et al. Selegiline slows the progression of the symptoms of Parkinson disease. Neurology 2006;66:1200–6.
8. , , , et al. Selegiline use is associated with a slower progression in early Parkinson’s disease as evaluated by Hoehn and Yahr Stage transition times. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2011;17:194–7.
9. , , , et al. ADAGIO Study Investigators. A double-blind, delayed-start trial of rasagiline in Parkinson’s disease. New Engl J Med 2009;361:1268–78.
10. . Anticholinergic therapies in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Management of Parkinson’s disease: an evidence-based review. Mov Disord 2002;17:S7–12.
11. . Pramipexole vs. levodopa as initial treatment for Parkinson disease: a randomized controlled trial. Parkinson Study Group. JAMA 2000;284:1931–8.
12. , , , et al. A five-year study of the incidence of dyskinesia in patients with early Parkinson’s disease who were treated with ropinirole or levodopa. 056 Study Group. N Engl J Med 2000;342:1484–91.
13. , . Frequency of levodopa-related dyskinesias and motor fluctuations as estimated from the cumulative literature. Mov Disord 2001;16:448–58.
14. . Avoidance of dyskinesia: preclinical evidence for continuous dopaminergic stimulation. Neurology 2004;62:S47–55.
15. , . Pulsatile stimulation of dopamine receptors and levodopa-induced motor complications in Parkinson’s disease: implications for the early use of COMT inhibitors. Neurology 2000;55:S72–7; discussion S78–81.
16. , , , et al. Initiating levodopa/carbidopa therapy with and without entacapone in early Parkinson disease: the STRIDE-PD study. Ann Neurol 2010;68:18–27.
17. . Amantadine and other antiglutamate agents: management of Parkinson’s disease. Management of Parkinson’s disease: an evidence-based review. Mov Disord 2002;17:S13–22.
18. , . Drug selection and timing of initiation of treatment in early Parkinson’s disease. Ann Neurol 2008;64:S47–55.
19. , . Differentiation and diagnosis of tremor. Am Fam Physician 2011;83:697–702.
20. , , , et al. Evidence-based guideline update: treatment of essential tremor: report of the Quality Standards subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2011;77:1752–5.
21. , . Tremors: diagnosis and treatment. In , , eds. Principles and Practice of Movement Disorders. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2007;451–78.
22. , . Dystonia: phenomenology, classification, etiology, pathology, biochemistry and genetics. In: , , eds. Principles and Practice of Movement Disorders. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2007;307–44.
23. , , , et al. Status dystonicus: the syndrome and its management. Brain 1998;121:243–52.
24. , . Dystonia. New Engl J Med 2006;355:818–29.
25. , , , et al. EFNS guidelines on diagnosis and treatment of primary dystonias. Eur J Neurol 2011;18:5–18.
26. , . Efficacy of pharmacological treatment of dystonia: evidence-based review including meta-analysis of the effect of botulinum toxin and other cure options. Eur J Neurol 2004;11:361–70.
27. , , , et al. A systematic review on the diagnosis and treatment of primary (idiopathic) dystonia and dystonia plus syndromes: report of an EFNS/MDS-ES Task Force. Eur J Neurol 2006;13:433–44.
28. , , , et al; Guideline Standards Subcommittee of the EFNS Scientific Committee. Guidance for the preparation of neurological management guidelines by EFNS scientific task forces – revised recommendations 2004. Eur J Neurol 2004;11:577–81.
29. . Huntington’s disease. Lancet 2007;369:218–28.
30. . Tetrabenazine as antichorea therapy in Huntington disease: a randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2006;66:366–72.
31. , . An evidence-based approach in the treatment of Huntington’s disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2011 Dec 15.
32. , . Huntington’s disease: from molecular pathogenesis to clinical treatment. Lancet Neurol 2011;10:83–98.
33. , , , et al. Effect of donepezil on motor and cognitive function in Huntington disease. Neurology 2006;67:1268–71.