- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: July 2021
- Print publication year: 2021
- Online ISBN: 9781108782296
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108782296
Starting with elementary operator theory and matrix analysis, this book introduces the basic properties of the numerical range and gradually builds up the whole numerical range theory. Over 400 assorted problems, ranging from routine exercises to published research results, give you the chance to put the theory into practice and test your understanding. Interspersed throughout the text are numerous comments and references, allowing you to discover related developments and to pursue areas of interest in the literature. Also included is an appendix on basic convexity properties on the Euclidean space. Targeted at graduate students as well as researchers interested in functional analysis, this book provides a comprehensive coverage of classic and recent works on the numerical range theory. It serves as an accessible entry point into this lively and exciting research area.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.