- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: November 2009
- Print publication year: 1997
- Online ISBN: 9780511526114
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511526114
This volume presents up-to-date research on finite geometries and designs, a key area in modern applicable mathematics. An introductory chapter discusses topics presented in each of the main chapters, and is followed by articles from leading international figures in this field. These include a discussion of the current state of finite geometry from a group-theoretical viewpoint, and surveys of difference sets and of small embeddings of partial cycle systems into Steiner triple systems. Also presented are successful searches for spreads and packing of designs, rank three geometries with simplicial residues and generalized quadrangles satisfying Veblen's Axiom. In addition, there are articles on new 7-designs, biplanes, various aspects of triple systems, and many other topics. This book will be a useful reference for researchers working in finite geometries, design theory or combinatorics in general.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.