Four years after the “revival” of the Cuala press in September, 1969, Liam Miller (1924–1987) published his short history The Dun Emer Press, Later the Cuala Press (1973) as the seventh installment of The New Yeats Papers from his own Dolmen Press. Reissued several times, Miller's history marked the seventieth anniversary of the founding of the Dun Emer Press, four years after the revival of the press in September, 1969. Miller's “chronicle” constitutes an hommage to the passing era of craft printing, to the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement and the Celtic Revival, and to the conspicuous industry of the Yeats family—not only William Butler Yeats himself, but also his sisters and Mrs. Yeats (DEP 11). In his introduction to Miller's chronicle, Yeats's son Michael concludes that “The ‘new’ Cuala Press has aimed to preserve the policies and traditions that date back to the beginning of the century” (DEP 9). He underscores his mother's role in preserving those traditions. Miller's chronicle poses the Cuala revival as the third of the press's distinct periods of operation. A further three distinct periods of editorial direction may be distinguished, as Joan Hardwick's The Yeats Sisters details: the first period (1908–1925) when William Butler Yeats's editorial influence was strongest; the second period (1925–1940), when Elizabeth Yeats had achieved more autonomy; and the third period (1940–1946), when Mrs. Yeats saw new authors into print. Famous titles by Yeats, of course, appear in each period; but each period presents notable titles by others, especially so after 1940. Likewise, the Cuala revival (1969–1989) may be divided into three periods of production featuring works of Yeats gleaned from his papers and starting early in the 1970s with new work by Thomas Kinsella and John Montague. Until his death, Liam Miller exerted an editorial influence on Cuala that reiterated his academic devotion to Yeats as well his literary affection for his Dolmen poets.
In the months after the death of W. B. Yeats in France on January 28, 1939, Mrs. Yeats left “Riversdale,” in Rathfarnham, and moved to the Edwardian suburb of Rathmines, nearer to central Dublin. She leased a large house at 46 Palmerston Road and moved there on July 26, 1939.