References of the MCA studies reviewed in Chapter 2:
1. Ferretti, V. and Pomarico, S. 2013b. ‘Ecological land suitability analysis through spatial indicators: An application of the Analytic Network Process technique and Ordered Weighted Average approach’. Ecological Indicators, 34: 507–19.
2. Ferretti, V. and Pomarico, S. 2013a. ‘An integrated approach for studying the land suitability for ecological corridors through spatial multicriteria evaluations’. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 15: 859–85.
3. Bottero, M., Comino, E., Duriavig, M., Ferretti, V. and Pomarico, S. 2013. ‘The application of a Multicriteria Spatial Decision Support System (MCSDSS) for the assessment of biodiversity conservation in the Province of Varese (Italy)’. Land Use Policy, 30: 730–38.
4. Newton, A. C., Hodder, K., Cantarello, E., Perrella, L., Birch, J. C., Robins, J., Douglas, S., Moody, C. and Cordingley, J. 2012. ‘Cost-benefit analysis of ecological networks assessed through spatial analysis of ecosystem services’. Journal of Applied Ecology, 49: 571–80.
5. Vimal, R., Pluvinet, P., Sacca, C., Mazagol, P. O., Etlicher, B. and Thompson, J. D. 2012. ‘Exploring spatial patterns of vulnerability for diverse biodiversity descriptors in regional conservation planning’. Journal of Environmental Management, 95: 9–16.
6. Wu, J., Wu, J., Wang, X. and Zhong, M. 2012. ‘Securing water for wetland conservation: A comparative analysis of policy options to protect a national nature reserve in China’. Journal of Environmental Management, 94: 102–11.
7. Toledo-Aceves, T., Meave, J. A., González-Espinosa, M. and Ramírez-Marcial, N. 2011. ‘Tropical montane cloud forests: Current threats and opportunities for their conservation and sustainable management in Mexico’. Journal of Environmental Management, 92: 974–81.
8. Fuller, D. O., Meijaard, E. M., Christy, L. and Jessup, T. C. 2010. ‘Spatial assessment of threats to biodiversity within East Kalimantan, Indonesia’. Applied Geography, 30: 416–25.
9. Gorokhovich, Y. and Voustianiouk, A. 2010. ‘Prioritization of coastal properties for conservation in New York State’. Journal of Coastal Conservation, 14: 41–51.
10. Valente, R. de O. A. and Vettorazzi, C. A. 2008. ‘Definition of priority areas for forest conservation through the ordered weighted averaging method’. Forest Ecology and Management, 256: 1408–17.
11. Hajkowicz, S., Higgins, A., Miller, C. and Marinoni, O. 2008. ‘Targeting conservation payments to achieve multiple outcomes’. Biological Conservation, 141: 2368–75.