Note: Refer to Chapters 13 and 14 for textual citations.
1. Bressler, S. L. and Menon, V. Large-scale brain networks in cognition: Emerging methods and principles. Trends in Cognitive Sciences 2010;14:277–90.
2. Zalesky, A., Fornito, A., Harding, I. H. et al. Whole-brain anatomical networks: Does the choice of nodes matter? NeuroImage 2010;50:970–83.
3. Mesulam, M. M. From sensation to cognition. Brain: A Journal of Neurology 1998;121 (Pt 6):1013–52.
4. Catani, M. and ffytche, D. H. The rises and falls of disconnection syndromes. Brain: A Journal of Neurology 2005;128:2224–39.
5. Damoiseaux, J. S., Rombouts, S. A., Barkhof, F. et al. Consistent resting-state networks across healthy subjects. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2006;103:13848–53.
6. Chen, S., Ross, T. J., Zhan, W. et al. Group independent component analysis reveals consistent resting-state networks across multiple sessions. Brain Research 2008;1239:141–51.
7. Goldman, R. I., Stern, J. M., Engel, J., Jr. and Cohen, M. S. Simultaneous EEG and fMRI of the alpha rhythm. Neuroreport 2002;13:2487–92.
8. Tavor, I., Parker Jones, O., Mars, R. B., Smith, S. M., Behrens, T. E. and Jbabdi, S. Task-free MRI predicts individual differencees in brain activity during task performance. Science 2016;352:216–20.
9. Finn, E. S. Nature Neuroscience 2015;18:1664–71.
10. Fornito, A., Zalesky, A. and Breakspear, M. The connectomics of brain disorders. Nature Reviews Neuroscience 2015;Mar;16(3):159–72. doi: 10.1038/nrn3901.
11. Sporns, O. The human connectome: Origins and challenges. NeuroImage 2013;80:53–61.
12. Buckner, R. L., Krienen, F. M., Castellanos, A., Diaz, J. C. and Yeo, B. T. The organization of the human cerebellum estimated by intrinsic functional connectivity. Journal of Neurophysiology 2011;106:2322–45.
13. Yeo, B. T., Krienen, F. M., Sepulcre, J. et al. The organization of the human cerebral cortex estimated by intrinsic functional connectivity. Journal of Neurophysiology 2011;106:1125–65.
14. Choi, E. Y., Yeo, B. T. and Buckner, R. L. The organization of the human striatum estimated by intrinsic functional connectivity. Journal of Neurophysiology 2012;108:2242–63.
15. Friston, K. J. Functional and effective connectivity: A review. Brain Connectivity 2011;1:13–36.