1. Jacobsen, S. C., Ko, H., Iversen, E. K. and Davis, C. C., “Control strategies for tendon-driven manipulators,” IEEE Control Syst. Mag. 10 (2), 23–28 (Feb. 1990).
2. Wang, D. and Vidyasagar, M., “Passive control of a stiff flexible link communication,” Int. J. Robot. Res. 11, 572–578 (Dec. 1992).
3. Mizuuchi, I., Tajima, R., Yoshikai, T., Sato, D., Nagashima, K., Inaba, M., Kuniyoshi, Y. and Inoue, H., “The Design and Control of the Flexible Spine of a Fully Tendon-Driven Humanoid “kenta”,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 3 (2002) pp. 2527–2532.
4. Kobayashi, H. and Ozawa, R., “Adaptive neural network control of tendon-driven mechanisms with elastic tendons,” Automatica 39 (9), 1509–1519 (2003).
5. Ma, S., Hirose, S. and Yoshinada, H., “Design and experiments for a coupled tendon-driven manipulator,” IEEE Control Syst. 13, 30–36 (Feb. 1993).
6. Lens, T. and von Stryk, O., “Investigation of Safety in Human-Robot-Interaction for a Series Elastic, Tendon-Driven Robot Arm,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (Oct. 2012) pp. 4309–4314.
7. Oatis, C. A., Kinesiology (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, 2004).
8. Gilardi, G., Haslam, E., Bundhoo, V. and Park, E. J., “A shape memory alloy based tendon-driven actuation system for biomimetic artificial fingers, Part II: Modelling and control,” Robotica 28 (5), 675–687 (2010).
9. Vincent, W. J., Statistics in Kinesiology, vol. 10 (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2005).
10. Jacobsen, S. C., Iversen, E. K., Knutti, D., Johnson, R. and Biggers, K., “Design of the Utah/M.I.T. Dextrous Hand,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (1986) pp. 1520–1532.
11. Loucks, C., Johnson, V., Boissiere, P., Starr, G. and Steele, J., “Modeling and Control of the Stanford/JPL Hand,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (1987) pp. 573–578.
12. Deshpande, A. D., Xu, Z., Weghe, M. J. V., Brown, B. H., Ko, J., Chang, L. Y., Wilkinson, D. D., Bidic, S. M. and Matsuoka, Y., “Mechanisms of the anatomically correct testbed hand,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron. 18 (1), 238–250 (2013).
13. Grebenstein, M., Chalon, M., Friedl, W., Haddadin, S., Wimböck, T., Hirzinger, G. and Siegwart, R., “The hand of the DLR hand arm system: Designed for interaction,” Int. J. Robot. Res. 31 (13), 1531–1555 (2012).
14. Townsend, W. T., The Effect of Transmission Design on Force-Controlled Manipulator Performance Ph.D. Thesis (Cambridge, MA: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988).
15. Ma, S., Hirose, S. and Yoshinada, H., “Design and experiments for a coupled tendon-driven manipulator,” IEEE Control Syst. 13 (1), 30–36 (Feb. 1993).
16. Lens, T. and von Stryk, O., “Design and Dynamics Model of a Lightweight Series Elastic Tendon-Driven Robot Arm,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (2013) pp. 4512–4518.
17. Horigome, A., Yamada, H., Endo, G., Sen, S., Hirose, S. and Fukushima, E. F., “Development of a Coupled Tendon-Driven 3D Multi-Joint Manipulator,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (May 2014) pp. 5915–5920.
18. Massie, T. H. and Salisbury, J. K., “The Phantom Haptic Interface: A Device for Probing Virtual Objects,” Proceedings of the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, vol. 55, Chicago, IL (1994) pp. 295–300.
19. Cho, Y., Cheong, J., Yi, B.-J. and Kim, W., “Cable Force-Balancing Distribution of the Cable-Driven Parallel Mechanism for Actuator Saturation Avoidance,” Proceedings of the International Conference of Control, Dynamic Systems, and Robotics (2017) pp. 113-1–113-3.
20. Kong, K. and Jeon, D., “Design and control of an exoskeleton for the elderly and patients,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron. 11 (4), 428–432 (Aug. 2006).
21. Agrawal, S. K., Dubey, V. N., Gangloff, J. J., Brackbill, E., Mao, Y. and Sangwan, V., “Design and optimization of a cable driven upper arm exoskeleton,” J. Med. Devices 3 (3), 031004 (2009).
22. Marcheschi, S., Frisoli, A., Avizzano, C. A. and Bergamasco, M., “A Method for Modeling and Control Complex Tendon Transmissions in Haptic Interfaces,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (2005) pp. 1773–1778.
23. Yang, J., Xie, H. and Shi, J., “A novel motion-coupling design for a jointless tendon-driven finger exoskeleton for rehabilitation,” Mech. Mach. Theory 99, 83–102 (2016).
24. Wittmeier, S., Jantsch, M., Dalamagkidis, K., Rickert, M., Marques, H. G. and Knoll, A., “CALIPER: A Universal Robot Simulation Framework for Tendon-Driven Robots,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (2011) pp. 1063–1068.
25. Radkhah, K., Lens, T. and von Stryk, O., “Detailed Dynamics Modeling of BioBiped's Monoarticular and Biarticular Tendon-Driven Actuation System,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, (2012) pp. 4243–4250.
26. Marques, H. G., Jäntsch, M., Wittmeier, S., Holland, O., Alessandro, C., Diamond, A., Lungarella, M. and Knight, R., “ECCE1: The First of a Series of Anthropomimetic Musculoskeletal Upper Torsos,” Proceedings of the 10th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids) (2010) pp. 391–396.
27. Jovanovic, K., Potkonjak, V. and Holland, O., “Dynamic modeling of an anthropomimetic robot in contact tasks,” Adv. Robot. 28, 793–806 (Apr. 2014).
28. Kozuki, T., Motegi, Y., Shirai, T., Asano, Y., Urata, J., Nakanishi, Y., Okada, K. and Inaba, M., “Design of Upper Limb by Adhesion of Muscles and Bones-Detail Human Mimetic Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kenshiro,” Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (2013) pp. 935–940.
29. Kaneko, M., Yamashita, T. and Tanie, K., “Basic Considerations on Transmission Characteristics for Tendon Drive Robots,” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Advanced Robotics ‘Robots in Unstructured Environments’, vol. 1 (Jun. 1991) pp. 827–832.
30. Lee, J. J., Tendon-Driven Manipulators: Analysis, Synthesis, and Control Ph.D Thesis (College Park, MD: University of Maryland, 1991).
31. Lee, Y.-H. and Lee, J.-J., “Modeling of the dynamics of tendon-driven robotic mechanisms with flexible tendons,” Mech. Mach. Theory 38, 1431–1447 (Dec. 2003).
32. Lee, J.-J. and Lee, Y.-H., “Dynamic analysis of tendon driven robotic mechanisms,” J. Robot. Syst. 20, 229–238 (May 2003).
33. Wang, Z., Sun, Z. and Phee, S. J., “Modeling tendon-sheath mechanism with flexible configurations for robot control,” Robotica 31 (7), 1131–1142 (2013).
34. Ozawa, R., Kobayashi, H. and Hashirii, K., “Analysis, classification, and design of tendon-driven mechanisms,” IEEE Trans. Robot. 30 (2), 396–410 (2014).