PKS 1318-43 was first identified with the elliptical galaxy NGC 5090 by Ekers (1969) in the Parkes catalogue. Schilizzi and McAdam (1975) mapped the source with 2.9 arcmin resolution at 408 MHz using the Mills Cross, resolving the source into an extended double structure approximately 15 arcmin in extent at p.a. 36°. Schilizzi (1975) also noted a possible optical link with an edge-on spiral (NGC 5091) ~75 arcsec to the south-east. Figure 1 shows a print of the two galaxies taken from the UK Schmidt J survey film. During 1980, in collaboration with K. J. Wellington, RMS mapped the source at 1415 MHz with the Fleurs Synthesis Telescope (FST, Christiansen 1973).