1. Whipkey, RR, Paris, PM, Stewart, RD: Emergency care for mass gatherings. Postgrad Med 1984;76:44–47, 50–51, 54.
2. Spaite, DW, Crìss, EA, Valenzuela, TD, et al. : A new model for prehospital medical care in large stadiums. Ann Emerg Med 1988;17:825–828.
3. Weaver, WD, Sutherland, K, Wirkus, MJ, et al. : Emergency medical care requirements for large public assemblies and a new strategy for managing cardiac arrest in this setting. Ann Emerg Med 1989;18:155–160.
4. Sanders, AB, Criss, E, Stockl, P, et al. : An analysis of medical care at mass gatherings. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:515–519.
5. Hnatow, DA, Gordon, DJ: Medical planning for mass gatherings: A retrospective review of the San Antonio Papal Mass. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1991;6:443–450.
6. Franaszek, J: Medical care at mass gatherings. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:600–601. Editorial.
7. Brunko, F: Emergency physicians and special events. Am J Emerg Med 1989;7:405–406. Editorial.
8. Baker, WM, Simone, BM, Niemann, JT, et al. : Special event medical care: The 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics experience. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:185–190.
9. Burns, RS, Lerner, SE, Sexton, PA: Emergency medicine at Diamond Head Crater Festival. Hawaii Med J 1974;33:331–335.
10. De Lorenzo, RA, Gray, BC, Bennett, PC, et al. : Effect of crowd size on patient volume at a large, multipurpose, indoor stadium. J Emerg Med 1989;7:379–384.
11. Vacalis, TD, Blewett, J: An advanced emergency medical care system at the University of Texas football stadium. J Am Coll Health Assoc 1981;30:145–147.
12. McSwain, NE Jr, Rodriguez, C: Disaster medical care: Mardi Gras. J Trauma 1982;22:235–237.
13. Ounanian, LL, Salinas, C, Shear, CL, et al. : Medical care at the 1982 U.S. Festival. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:520–527.
14. Pons, PT, Holland, B, Alfrey, E, et al. : An advanced emergency medical care system at National Football League games. Ann Emerg Med 1980;9:203–206.
15. Jaggarao, NSV, Sless, H, Grainger, R, et al. : Defibrillation at a football stadium: An experiment with Brighton and Hove Albion. Br Med J 1982;284:1451–1453.
16. Auerbach, PS, Gelb, AM, Turns, JE: Emergency medical services at the 1984 Democratic National Convention. Ann Emerg Med 1985;14:709–710. Letter.
17. Chapman, KR, Carmichael, FJ, Goode, JE: Medical services for outdoor rock music festivals. Can Med Assoc J 1982;126:935–938.
18. Leonard, RB, Petrilli, R, Noji, EK, et al. : Provision of emergency medical care for crowds. American College of Emergency Physicians, Dallas, Tex., 1990, pp 1–25.
19. Thompson, JM, Savoia, G, Powell, G, et al. : Level of medical care required for mass gatherings: The XV Winter Olympics Games in Calgary, Canada. Ann Emerg Med 1991;20:385–390.
20. Sanders, AB, Criss, E: Planning medical care for large-scale events. Emerg Med Serv 1987;16:33, 48.
21. Krentz, MJ, Wainscott, MP: Medical Accountability. Emerg Med Clinics N Amer 1990;8:17–32.
22. Frew, SA: Emergency medical services legal issues for the emergency physician. Emerg Med Clinics N Amer 1990;8:41–55.
23. Holroyd, BR, Knopp, R, Kallsen, G: Medical control. JAMA 1986;256:1027–1031.
24. Goldberg, RJ, Zautcke, JL, Koenigsberg, MD, et al. : A review of prehospital care litigation in a large metropolitan EMS system. Ann Emerg Med 1990;19:557–561.
25. Soler, JM, Montes, MF, Egol, AB, et al. : The ten-year malpractice experience of a large urban EMS system. Ann Emerg Med 1985;14:982–985.
26. Editorial Staff: Nontransport lawsuits. Jems 1983;8:107–109.
27. Zehner, WJ Jr., Davidson, SJ, Kelly, JJ, et al. : Nontransport of prehospital patients: Is stronger medical control needed? Ann Emerg Med 1991;20:446. Abstract.
28. Bryan, ED, Zachariah, BS, Griffin, MP: Outcome of patients not transported by ambulance. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1991;6:381. Abstract.
29. Thomas, DR, Amos, WL: Medical services provided at the 1982 Southern Open golf tournament. Am J Sports Med 1984:12:155–158.
30. Eadie, JL: 1980 Winter Olympics Lake Placid, New York. J Environ Health 1981;43:178–187.
31. Kuehl, A (Ed): EMS Medical Directors' Handbook. St. Louis: CV Mosby, Co., pp 261–266.
32. Streat, S, McCallum, JA, Boswell, R, et al. : Medical services at a music festival. NZ Med J 1975;82:76–80.
33. Farrow, RJ: “Pop” music festivals. Practitioner 1972;208:380–386.
34. Martin, TE: The Ramstein Airshow disaster. J Royal Army Med Corps 1990;136:19–26.
35. Ellis, DG, Verdile, VP, Paris, PM, et al. : Medical coverage of a marathon: Establishing guidelines for deployment of health care resources. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1991;6:435–441.
36. Vukmir, RB, Paris, PM: The Three Rivers Regatta accident: An EMS perspective. Am J Emerg Med 1991;9:64–71.
37. Milne, D: EMS at the Indy 500. Emergency 1983;15:28–31.
38. Sara, AF, Cooper, DM, Selig, M: Air shows and disaster planning: The Australian experience. Med J Australia 1989;150:116–118.
39. Edwards, M: Airshow disaster plans. Aviat Space Environ Med 1991;62:1192–1195.
40. Seletz, JM: Flugtag—88 (Ramstein Air Show disaster): An Army response to a MASCAL. Milit Med 1990;155:152–155.
41. Orr, SM, Robinson, WA: The Hyatt-Regency skywalk: An EMS-based disaster response. Ann Emerg Med 1983;12:601–605.
42. Waeckerle, JF: Disaster planning and response. N Engl J Med 1991;324:815–821.
43. Champion, MR, Sacco, WJ, Gainer, PS, et al. : The effect of medical direction on trauma triage. J Trauma 1988;28:235–239.
44. Barbash, GI, Yoeli, N, Ruskin, SM, et al. : Airport preparedness for mass disaster: A proposed schematic plan. Aviat Space Environ Med 1986;57:77–81.
45. Dove, DB, Del Guercio, LRLM, Stahl, WM, et al. : A metropolitan airport disaster plan: Coordination of a multihospital response to provide on-site resuscitation and stabilization before evacuation. J Trauma 1982;22:550–559.
46. Dudani, N: Experiences in medical coverage of airport disasters at Logan International Airport in Boston. Aviat Space Environ Med 1983;54:612–618.
47. Kerns, DE, Anderson, PB: EMS response to a major aircraft incident: Sioux City, Iowa. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 1990;5:159–166.
48. Owinn, AA, Dinerman, N, Pons, PT, Marlin, R: Prehospital care at a major international airport. Ann Emerg Med 1988;17:1042–1048.