1. Foltin, GM, George, L (eds): American Academy of Pediatrics: Pediatric Terrorism and Disaster Preparedness: A Resource for Pediatricians. 2006;06(07):0056.
2. Christian, MD, Hawryluck, L, Wax, RS, et al: Developing of a triage protocol for critical care during an influenza pandemic. CAMJ 2006;175(11):1377–1381.
3. Hick, JL, O'Laughlin, DT: Concept of operations for triage of mechanical ventilation in an epidemic. Acad Emerg Med 2006;13(2):223–229.
4. Rubinson, L, Hick, JL, Curtis, JR, et al: (2008). Definite care for the critically ill during a disaster: A Framework for optimizing crtical care surge capcity: from a Task Force for Mass Critical Care summit meeting, January 26–27, 2007, Chicago, IL. Chest 133(5 Suppl):18–31.
5. Bielajs, I, Burkle, FM Jr, Archer, FL, Smith, E: Development of prehospital, population-based triage-management protocols for pandemics. Prehosp Disaster Med 2008;23(5):420–430.
6. New York State Workgroup on Ventilator Allocation in an Influenza Pandemic: Allocation of Ventilators in an Influenza Pandemic: Planning Document. Albany: New York State Department of Health, 2007.
7. United States Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Health Insurer Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist, 2008
8. Devereaux, AV, Dichter, JR, Christian, MD, et al: Definitive care for the critically ill during a disaster: a framework for allocation of scarce resources in mass critical care: from a Task Force for Mass Critical Care summit meeting, January 26–27, 2007, Chicago, IL. Chest 2008;133(5 Suppl):51S–66S.
9. Atevogt, B: S. C. Guidance for Establishing Crisis Standards of Care for use in Disaster Situations: A letter Report. Institute of Medicine (IOM), Washington, DC. Sept 2009.
10. Upshur, RE, Faith, K, Gibson, JL, et al: Stand on Guard for Thee: Ethical Considerations in the Preparedness Planning for Pandemic Influenza. University of Toronto Joint Center for Bioethics–Pandemic Influenza Working Group, 2005.
11. Miller, J, Burkle, FM: Development of a Standardized Operational Framework to Guide Ethical Decisions During Pediatric Mass Critical Care. Pediatric Mass Critical Care Workgroup, Pediatr Crit Care Med, submitted to workgroup for review January 2010.
12. Thomas, J, MacDonald, P, Wenink, E: Ethical decision making in a crisis: A case study of ethics in public health emergencies. J Public Health Manag Pract 2009;15(2):E16–E21.
13. Curiel, TJ: Murder or mercy? Hurricane Katrina and the need for disaster training. N Engl J Med 2006;355:2067–2069.