1. Seidel, JS, Hornbein, M, Yoshiyama, K, et al. : Emergency medical services and the pediatric patient: Are the needs being met? Pediatrics 1984;73:769–772.
2. Seidel, JS: Emergency medical services and the pediatric patient: Are the needs being met? II. Training and equipping emergency medical services providers for pediatric emergencies. Pediatrics 1986;78:808–812.
3. Foltin, G, Fuchs, S: Advances in pediatric emergency medical services systems. Emerg Med Clin N Amer 1991;9:459–474.
4. Stratum, SJ, Underwood, IA, Whalen, SM, et al. : Prehospital pediatric endotracheal intubation: A survey of the United States. Prehospilal and Disaster Medicine 1993:8:323–326.
5. Luten, G, Foltin, G (eds): Pediatric Resources for Prehospital Care. Elk Grove Village, Ill.; American Academy of Pediatrics Committee of the Section on Emergency Medicine, 1990, pp 16–24.
6. Foltin, G, Cooper, A: Children. In Keuhl, A (ed), Medical Director's Handbook. 2d ed. St. Louis: Mosby, in press.
7. Cooper, A, Foltin, G: Education and Training of Prehospital Personnel. In Dieckmann, RE, Planning and Managing Systems for Pediatric Emergency Care. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1992.
8. Losek, JD, Halim Hennes, H, Glaeser, PG, et al. : Prehospital care of the pulseless, non-breathing pediatric patient. Am J Emerg Med 1987;5:370–375.
9. Tsai, A, Kallsen, G: Epidemiology of pediatric prehospital care. Ann Emerg Med 1987; 16:284–292.
10. Losek, JD, Bonadio, WA, Walsh-Kelly, C, et al. : Prehospital pediatric endotracheal intubation performance review. Pediatric Emergency Care 1989;5:1–4.
11. Eisenberg, MS, Bergner, L, Hallstrom, A: Cardiac resuscitation for the community: Importance of rapid provision and program planning. JAMA 1979;241:1905–1907.
12. Pointer, JE, et al. : Clinical characteristics of paramedic's performance of pediatric endotracheal intubation. Am J Emerg Med 1987;7:364–366.
13. Applebaum, D: Advanced prehospital care for pediatric emergencies. Ann Emerg Med 1985; 14:656.
14. Lewis, JK, Minter, MG, Eshelman, SY, et al. : Outcome of pediatric resuscitation. Ann Emerg Med 1983:297–299.
15. Nichols, DG, Kettrick, RG, Swedlow, DB, et al. : Factors influencing outcome of cardiopulmonary arrest in children. Crit Care Med 1984;12:287. Abstract.
16. Torphy, DE, Minter, MG, Thompson, BM: Cardiorespiratory arrest and resuscitation of children. Am J Dis Child 1984;138:1099–1102.
17. Quan, L, Wentz, WR, Gore, EJ, et al. : Outcome and predictors of outcome in pediatric submersion victims receiving prehospital care in King County, Washington. Pediatrics 1990; 86:586–593.
18. American Heart Association: Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care. Dallas: AHA, 1992.