Since 1884, PMLA, the journal of the Modern Language Association of America, has published articles on language and literature. One of the most prestigious and venerable journals, PMLA offers an array of special features for advertisers:
- PMLA’s circulation of 25,658 is among the largest for a humanities journal. All MLA members have access to PMLA, as do subscribing libraries worldwide.
- All library subscribers receive PMLA online, which allows convenient browsing of the ad section. Issues are archived on JSTOR
- PMLA is a premier showcase for any publisher or other enterprise addressing the interests of scholars and teachers of language and literature and of the humanities workforce.
- PMLA covers a broad range of topics in the humanities—ideal for advertising books (or other items of interest to our members) on many subjects.
PMLA appears in five annual issues:
- Four issues (January, March, May, October) present essays and other literary-critical writings
- The September issue is the program for the association’s annual convention. View the Program for the 2021 convention
- The 2022 convention will take place in Washington, DC, on 6–9 January.
Place an Ad Order
Circulation Statistics (2020)
- Total circulation: 25,658
- Member subscriptions: 24,367
- Library subscriptions: 1,291
- Percentage of the membership in the United States and Canada: 90%
- Percentage of the membership in other countries: 10%
Volume Agreement 136 (2021) Advertisers*
Covers II and III
Cover IV (in color)