Publication charges Open Access publishing in Parasitology Open is funded through levying an article processing charge (APC) on each individual author's institution or funding body. For Parasitology Open we are committed to maintaining the APC at a level justified by real publishing costs, and the journal will have an associated APC of £1,575/$2,520 per article.
Developing country waiver policy
Cambridge University Press operates waiver policies in line with other leading publishers. We grant 100% waivers to papers whose corresponding authors are based in Research4Life 'Group A' countries and 50% waivers to those who are based in 'Group B' countries.
Discretionary waiver policy
- (i) The author(s) must request a waiver at or before submission, before an article enters editorial consideration by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (ii) The author(s) must provide documentary evidence for their request.
- (iii) The waiver request should be processed by the Proprietor and/or CUP, without the knowledge of the editorial board.
- (iv) The waiver request should be processed as quickly as possible before the article moves from submission to editorial consideration
- (v) The decision to approve or decline the waiver request should be based on the credibility of the evidence the author provides and the author following the journal's waiver request procedure.
Waiver requests from Dutch authors
Information regarding Cambridge's arrangement with Dutch insitutions
and other Cambridge University Press Open Access deals can be found here.
Editorial waiver policy
Waivers will be automatically granted for all:
- Invited Reviews (only if the author has no funding)
Full waivers will automatically be granted via RightsLink.
The decision whether to accept a paper for publication will rest solely with the Editors, and without reference to the funding situation of the authors. The Editors, editorial board members, and reviewers will have no involvement with the billing of APCs and cannot grant waivers.
In the appropriate cases, the publication charge will be billed on acceptance of the article for publication.
Taxes are not included in the article processing charge. Authors resident in any of the countries of the European Union have to add Value-Added Tax. Institutions paying the fee on behalf of the author can in most cases have the VAT refunded, or, by providing their VAT registration number (except UK), avoid paying VAT altogether.
Authors will be quoted and charged in US Dollars, or GB Pounds rate based on location as follows:
- GB Pounds £: United Kingdom, Euro Zone
- US Dollars $: All other countries
There are no charges for colour publication. Any figure provided in colour will be reproduced in colour online at no extra cost.
The author will retain the copyright of published articles.
Authors will be able to post the final published version of their article anywhere (e.g. personal webpage, institutional repository), providing the work is fully attributed. We note, however, that we can currently only track usage statistics for article views and downloads from our own site.
Licences Articles will be published, by default, under a creative commons attribution licence (CC-BY). Authors will, however, have the option to publish under a CC-BY Non-Commercial Share Alike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence or a CC-BY Non-Commercial No Derivatives (CC-BY-NC-ND) licence if so desired.