(1) Case, R. A. M. et al. (1962). Serial abridged life tables, England and Wales, 1841–1960 Chester Beatty Research Institute, London.
(2) Vallin, J. (1973). La mortalité per générations en France depuis 1899. Presses Universitaires de France, Paris.
(3) Dutch Central Bureau of Statistics. (1975). Generation mortality rates 1871–1973.
(4) Bolander, A.M. (1969). Generation mortality of Sweden: a study of cohort mortality in the past hundred years. International Union for the Scientific Study of Population, London Conference.
(5) U.S. Department of Health, Education & Welfare (1972). Cohort Mortality and Survivorship, U.S. Death Registration States 1900–68. Vital and Health Statistics, Series 3, No. 16. Rockville, Md.
(6) Reports and Selected Papers of the Statistics Committee of the Royal Commission on Population (1950). H.M. Stationery Office, London. (See pp. 59–79.)
(7) Brass, W. (1974). Perspectives in population prediction: illustrated by the statistics of England and Wales. J.R.S.S. 137, 532.
(8) Scott, W. F. (1976). The projection of mortality rates in Great Britain. 20th International Congress of Actuaries, Tokyo, 2, 643.
(9) Scott, W. F. Secular and generation trends in mortality rates, and three mortality projections for England and Wales. Unpublished.
(10) Population Projections No. 4, 1973–2013, prepared by the Government Actuary (1974). H.M. Stationery Office, London.
(11) Statistisk Tidskrift (Utgifven af Kungl. Statistika Centralbyrån) (1909). Stockholm.
(12) OECD (1966). Demographic Trends. In Western Europe and North America, 1965–80. Paris.
(13) U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census (1967). Projections of the population of the United States by age, sex and color to 1990, with extensions of population by age and sex to 2015. Population Estimates Series P-25, No. 381, Washington.
(14) J.I.A. 91, 203.
(15) J.I.A. 95, 203.
(16) Registrar General for England and Wales. English Life Tables. H.M. Stationery Office, London.
(17) Registrar General for England and Wales. Statistical Reviews. H.M. Stationery Office, London.
(18) Benjamin, B. & Haycocks, H. W. (1970). The Analysis of Mortality and other Actuarial Statistics. Cambridge University Press.
(19) Scott, W. F. On the Theory of Graduation of Central Rates of Mortality. Unpublished.
(20) J.I.A. 96, 105.
(21) Vincent, P. (1951) La Mortalité des Vieillards. Population, April-June 1951.
(22) Variant Population Projections 1974–2011, prepared by the Government Actuary (1976). H.M. Stationery Office, London.
(23) Cox, P. R. & Scott, W. F. (1977) Changing Mortality and its Effects on Population Projections. Population Trends, 8, H.M. Stationary Office, London.
(24) Registrar General for Scotland. Annual Reports. H.M. Stationery Office, London.