1. Cox, J D, Stetz, J, Pajak, T F. Toxicity criteria of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and the European organization for research and treatment of cancer (EORTC). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1995; 31 (5): 1341–1346.
2. Lee, N, Pfister, D G, Zhang, Q et al. Phase II study of concurrent and adjuvant chemotherapy with intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) or three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT)+ Bevacizumab (BV) for locally or regionally advanced nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC)[RTOG 0615]: preliminary toxicity report. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010; 78 (3): S103–S104.
3. Faithfull, S, Wells, M. Randomized trial, a method of comparison: a study of supportive care in radiotherapy. Eur J Oncol Nurs 1999; 3 (3): 176–184.
4. Elliott, E A, Wright, J R, Swann, R S et al. Phase III trial of an emulsion containing trolamine for the prevention of radiation dermatitis in patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: results of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Trial 99-13. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24 (13): 2092–2097.
5. Ezzell, G A. Genetic and geometric optimization of three-dimensional radiation therapy treatment planning. Med Phys 1996; 23 (3): 293–305.
6. Keirim Markus, I. On the choice of the skin sensitive layer related to the routine exposure effects. Radiat Prot Dosim 1991; 39: 29–32.
7. International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Determination of Dose Equivalents Resulting from External Radiation Sources (Report 39). ICRU, 2016; 20 (2).
8. Radaideh, K M, Malatqah, L M. Predictors of radiation-induced skin toxicity in nasopharyngeal cancer patients treated by intensity-modulated radiation therapy: a prospective study. J Radiother Pract 2016; 15 (3): 276–282.
9. Radaideh, K M. Evaluation of thermoplastic Klarity mask use during intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck carcinoma. J Radiother in Pract 2018; 17 (2): 171–178.
10. Bhandare, M M W. A literature review of late complications of radiation therapy for head and neck cancers: incidence and dose response. S 2:009. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther 2012; 2: 9 DOI: 10.4172/2155-9619.S2-009.
11. Koenig, T R, Mettler, F A, Wagner, L K. Skin injuries from fluoroscopically guided procedures: part 2, review of 73 cases and recommendations for minimizing dose delivered to patient. Am J Roentgenol 2001; 177 (1): 13–20.
12. Rosenthal, L S, Williams, J, Mahesh, M et al. Acute radiation dermatitis following radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1997; 20 (7): 1834–1839.
13. Mettler, F, Koenig, T, Wagner, L, Kelsey, C. Radiation injuries after fluoroscopic procedures. Sem Ultrasound Ct MRI 2002; 23 (5): 428–442.
14. Bahl, A, Ghosal, S, Kapoor, R, Bhattacharya, T, Sharma, S C. Clinical implications of thermoplastic mask immobilization on acute effects of radiotherapy in head and neck cancers. J Postgrad Med Edu Res 2012; 46: 187–189.
15. Norbash, A, Busick, D, Marks, M. Techniques for reducing interventional neuro radiologic skin dose: tube position rotation and supplemental beam filtration. Am J Neuroradiol 1996; 17: 41–49.
16. Bredfeldt, J, Sapir, E, Masi, K, Schipper, M, Eisbruch, A, Matuszak, M. Clinical skin toxicity comparison and phantom dose measurements for head and neck patients treated with IMRT vs. VMAT. Med Phys 2015; 42 (6): 3742–3742.
17. Radaideh, K M, Matalqah, L M, Tajuddin, A A, Fabian, L, Bauk, S. Preliminary dosimetric evaluation of a designed head and neck phantom for intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). Int J Med Med Sci 2012; 11 (2): 236–244.
18. Radaideh, K M, Matalqah, L M, Tajuddin, A A, Fabian Lee, W I, Bauk, S, Eid Abdel Munem, E. M. Development and evaluation of a Perspex anthropomorphic head and neck phantom for three dimensional conformal radiation therapy (3D-CRT). J Radiother Pract 2013; 12 (3): 272–280.
19. Radaideh, K M, AlZoubi, A. Factors impacting the dose at maximum depth dose (dmax) for 6 MV high-energy photon beams using different dosimetric detectors. Biohealth Sci Bull 2010; 2 (2): 38–42.
20. ICRP (International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements). Conversion coefficients for use in radiological protection against external radiation. Report 74, Ann. ICRP 26, 3. Report 74. Ann ICRP 1997; 26: 3.
21. Chung, H, Jin, H, Dempsey, J F et al. Evaluation of surface and build-up region dose for intensity-modulated radiation therapy in head and neck cancer. Med Phys 2005; 32 (8): 2682–2689.
22. Cherpak, A, Studinski, R C, Cygler, J E. MOSFET detectors in quality assurance of tomotherapy treatments. Radiother Oncol 2008; 86 (2): 242–250.
23. Kinhikar, R A, Murthy, V, Goel, V, Tambe, C M, Dhote, D. S, Deshpande, D D. Skin dose measurements using MOSFET and TLD for head and neck patients treated with tomotherapy. Appl Radiat Isotop 2009; 67 (9): 1683–1685.
24. Stathakis, S, Li, J S, Paskalev, K, Yang, J, Wang, L, Ma, C. Ultra-thin TLDs for skin dose determination in high energy photon beams. Phys Med Biol 2006; 51 (14): 3549–3567.
25. Olko, P. Thermoluminescence dosimetry materials: properties and uses Stephen W.S. Mckeever, Marko Moskovitch And Peter D. Townsend. Nuclear Technology Publishing, Ashford, Kent TN3 1YW, U.K., 1995. ISBN: 1-870965-19-1, 204 pp. Radiat Phys Chem 1997; 50 (3): 313–314.
26. Radaideh, K M, Matalqah, L M, Tajuddin, A A, Luen, L F W, Bauk, S, Moneim, E A. A custom made phantom for dosimetric audit and quality assurance of three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. Jurnal Sains Nuklear Malaysia 2012; 24 (1): 48–58.
27. Harris, C K, Elson, H R, Lamba, M A S, Foster, A E. A comparison of the effectiveness of thermoluminescent crystals LiF:Mg,Ti, and LiF:Mg,Cu,P for clinical dosimetry. Med Phys 1997; 24 (9): 1527–1529.
28. Nutting, C M, Morden, J P, Harrington, K J et al. Parotid-sparing intensity modulated versus conventional radiotherapy in head and neck cancer (PARSPORT): a phase 3 multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2011; 12 (2): 127–136.
29. Xia, P, Fu, K K, Wong, G W, Akazawa, C, Verhey, L J. Comparison of treatment plans involving intensity-modulated radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2000; 48 (2): 329–337.
30. Kam, M K M, Leung, S, Zee, B et al. Prospective randomized study of intensity-modulated radiotherapy on salivary gland function in early-stage nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25 (31): 4873–4879.
31. Chau, R M C, Teo, P M L, Kam, M K M, Leung, S F, Cheung, K Y, Chan, A T C. Dosimetric comparison between 2-dimensional radiation therapy and intensity modulated radiation therapy in treatment of advanced T-stage nasopharyngeal carcinoma: to treat less or more in the planning organ-at-risk volume of the brainstem and spinal cord. Med Dosimet 2007; 32 (4): 263–270.
32. Lee, N, Xia, P, Quivey, J M et al. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy in the treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an update of the UCSF experience. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002; 53 (1): 12–22.
33. Lee, N, Chuang, C, Quivey, J M et al. Skin toxicity due to intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head-and-neck carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002; 53 (3): 630–637.
34. Półtorak, M, Fujak, E, Kukołowicz, P. Effect of the thermoplastic masks on dose distribution in the build-up region for photon beams. Polish J Med Phys Eng 2016; 22 (1): 1–4.
35. Nilsson, B, Brahme, A. Electron contamination from photon beam collimators. Radiother Oncol 1986; 5 (3): 235–244.
36. Vano, E, Prieto, C, Fernandez, J M, Gonzalez, L, Sabate, M, Galvan, C. Skin dose and dose-area product values in patients undergoing intracoronary brachytherapy. Br J Radiol 2003; 76 (901): 32–38.
37. Porock, D. Factors influencing the severity of radiation skin and oral mucosal reactions: development of a conceptual framework. Eur J Cancer Care 2002; 11 (1): 33–43.
38. Chung, H, Jin, H, Dempsey, J F et al. Evaluation of surface and build-up region dose for intensity-modulated radiation therapy in head and neck cancer. Med Phys 2005; 32 (8): 2682–2689.
39. Kry, S F, Smith, S A, Weathers, R, Stovall, M. Skin dose during radiotherapy: a summary and general estimation technique. J Appl Clin Med Phys/Am Coll Med Phys 2012; 13 (3): 20–34.