1. Kry, S F, Howell, R M, Titt, U, Salehpour, M, Mohan, R, Vassiliev, O N. Energy spectra, sources, and shielding considerations for neutrons generated by a flattening filter-free Clinac. Med Phys 2008; 35: 1906–1911.
2. Vassiliev, O N, Kry, S F, Chang, J Y, Balter, P A, Titt, U, Mohan, R. Stereotactic radiotherapy for lung cancer using a flattening filter free Clinac. J Appl Clin Med Phys 2009; 10 (1): 14–21.
3. Kry, S F, Howell, R M, Polf, J, Mohan, R, Vassiliev, O N. Treatment vault shielding for a flattening filter-free medical linear accelerator. Phys Med Biol 2009; 54: 1265–1273.
4. Kragl, G, Baier, F, Lutz, S et al. Flattening filter free beams in SBRT and IMRT: dosimetric assessment of peripheral doses. Z Med Phys 2011; 21: 91–101.
5. Mancosu, P, Castiglioni, S, Reggiori, G et al. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver tumours using flattening filter free beam: dosimetric and technical considerations. Radiat Oncol 2012; 7 (1): 16.
6. Reggiori, G, Mancosu, P, Castiglioni, S et al. Can volumetric modulated arc therapy with flattening filter free beams play a role in stereotactic body radiotherapy for liver lesions? A volume-based analysis. Med Phys 2012; 39 (2): 1112–1118.
7. Nicolini, G, Ghosh-Laskar, S, Shrivastava, S K et al. Volumetric modulation arc radiotherapy with flattening filter-free beams compared with static gantry IMRT and 3D conformal radiotherapy for advanced esophageal cancer: a feasibility study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012; 84: 553–560.
8. Sarkar, B, Pradhan, A. Choice of appropriate beam model and gantry rotational angle for low-dose gradient-based craniospinal irradiation using volumetric-modulated arc therapy. J Radiother Pract 2017; 16 (1): 53–64.
9. Navarria, P, Ascolese, A M, Mancosu, P et al. Volumetric modulated arc therapy with flattening filter free (3F) beams for stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in patients with medically inoperable early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Radiother Oncol 2013; 107: 414–418.
10. Sarkar, B, Pradhan, A, Munshi, A, Roy, S, Ganesh, T, Mohanti, B. EP-1685: Influence of flat, flattening filter free beam model and different MLC’s on VMAT based SRS/SRT. Radiother Oncol 2016; 119: S787.
11. Timmerman, R D, Kavanagh, B D, Cho, L C, Papiez, L, Xing, L. Stereotactic body radiation therapy in multiple organ sites. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25: 947–952.
12. Rusthoven, K E, Kavanagh, B D, Cardenes, H et al. Multi-institutional phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver metastases. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27 (10): 1572–1578.
13. Lee, M T, Kim, J J, Dinniwell, R et al. Phase I study of individualized stereotactic body radiotherapy of liver metastases. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27 (10): 1585–1591.
14. Macdermed, D M, Weichselbaum, R R, Salama, J K. A rationale for the targeted treatment of oligometastases with radiotherapy. J Surg Oncol 2008; 98: 202–206.
15. Cai, J, Malhotra, H K, Orton, C G. A 3D-conformal technique is better than IMRT or VMAT for lung SBRT. Med Phys 2014; 41 (4): 040601.
16. de Pooter, J A, Romero, A M, Wunderink, W, Storchi, P R, Heijmen, B J. Automated non-coplanar beam direction optimization improves IMRT in SBRT of liver metastasis. Radiother Oncol 2008; 88 (3): 376–381.
17. Milano, M T, Katz, A W, Muhs, A G et al. A prospective pilot study of curative-intent stereotactic body radiation therapy in patients with 5 or fewer oligometastatic lesions. Cancer: Interdiscip Int J Am Cancer Soc 2008; 112 (3): 650–658.
18. Paddick, I. A simple scoring ratio to index the conformity of radiosurgical treatment plans: technical note. J Neurosurg 2000; 93 (Supplement 3): 219–222.
19. Dzierma, Y, Bell, K, Palm, J, Nuesken, F, Licht, N, Rübe, C. mARC vs. IMRT radiotherapy of the prostate with flat and flattening-filter-free beam energies. Radiat Oncol 2014; 9 (1): 250.
20. Thomas, E M, Popple, R A, Prendergast, B M, Clark, G M, Dobelbower, M C, Fiveash, J B. Effects of flattening filter-free and volumetric-modulated arc therapy delivery on treatment efficiency. J Appl Clin Med Phys 2013; 14: 4328. https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v14i6.4328.
21. Sarkar, B, Pradhan, A, Munshi, A. Do technological advances in linear accelerators improve dosimetric outcomes in stereotaxy? A head-on comparison of seven linear accelerators using volumetric modulated arc therapy-based stereotactic planning. Indian J Cancer 2016; 53 (1): 166–173.
22. Manikandan, A, Sarkar, B, Holla, R, Vivek, T R, Sujatha, N. Quality assurance of dynamic parameters in volumetric modulated arc therapy. Br J Radiol 2012; 85 (1015): 1002–1010.
23. Fong, Y, Fortner, J, Sun, R L, Brennan, M F, Blumgart, L H. Clinical score for predicting recurrence after hepatic resection for metastatic colorectal cancer: analysis of 1001 consecutive cases. Ann Surg 1999; 230 (3): 309.
24. Shah, S A, Bromberg, R, Coates, A, Rempel, E, Simunovic, M, Gallinger, S. Survival after liver resection for metastatic colorectal carcinoma in a large population. J Am Coll Surg 2007; 205 (5): 676–683.
25. Aloia, T A, Vauthey, J N, Loyer, E M et al. Solitary colorectal liver metastasis: resection determines outcome. Arch Surg 2006; 141 (5): 460–467.