1. Davis, D. D., Stokes, J. M., Moore, D. and Steven, L., “Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of Mufflers with Comments on Engine Exhaust Muffler Design,” NACA Report 1192 (1954).
2. Munjal, M. L., “Velocity Ratio-cum-transfer Matrix Method for the Evaluation of a Muffler with Mean Flow,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 39, pp. 105–119 (1957).
3. Sullivan, J. W. and Crocker, M. J., “Analysis of Concentric-tube Resonators Having Unpartitioned Cavities,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 64, pp. 207–215 (1978).
4. Sullivan, J. W., “A Method for Modeling Perforated Tube Muffler Components. I: Theory,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 66, pp. 772–778 (1979).
5. Ih, J. G. and Lee, B. H., “Analysis of Higher-order Mode Effects in the Circular Expansion Chamber with Mean Flow,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 77, pp. 1377–1388 (1985).
6. Ih, J. G. and Lee, B. H., “Theoretical Prediction of the Transmission Loss of Circular Reversing Chamber Mufflers,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 112, pp. 261–272 (1987).
7. Munjal, M. L., “A Simple Numerical Method for Three-dimensional Analysis of Simple Expansion Chamber Mufflers of Rectangular as Well as Circular Cross-section with a Stationary Medium,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 116, pp. 71–88 (1987).
8. Mimani, A. and Munjal, M. L., “Transverse Plane-Wave Analysis of Short Elliptical End-Chamber and Expansion-Chamber Mufflers,” International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 15, pp. 24–38 (2010).
9. Siano, D., Bozza, F. and Auriemma, F., “Acoustic and Fluid-dynamic Optimization of an Automotive Muffler,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 227, pp. 735–747 (2013).
10. Young, C. I. and Crocker, M. J., “Prediction of Transmission Loss in Mufflers by the Finite-element Method,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 57, pp. 144–148 (1975).
11. Siano, D., “Three-dimensional/One-dimensional Numerical Correlation Study of a Three-pass Perforated Tube,” Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 19, pp. 1143–1153 (2011).
12. Siano, D., Auriemma, F. and Bozza, F., “Pros and Cons of Using Different Numerical Techniques for Transmission Loss Evaluation of a Small Engine Muffler,” SAE Technical Paper, DOI: 10.4271/2010-32-0028 (2010).
13. Jones, P. W. and Kessissoglou, N. J., “A Numerical and Experimental Study of the Transmission Loss of Mufflers used in Respiratory Medical Devices,” Acoustics Australia, 38, pp. 13–19 (2010).
14. Ji, Z. and Fang, Z., “Three-pass Perforated Tube Muffler with End-resonator,” SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems, 4, pp. 989–999 (2011).
15. Vasile, O. and Gillich, N., “Finite Element Analysis for Reactive and Dissipative Rectangular Muffler,” Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Computational Geometry and Systems Theory, pp. 251–255 (2011).
16. Reddy, M. R. and Reddy, K. M., “Design and Optimization of Exhaust Muffler in Automobiles,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2, pp. 395–398 (2012).
17. Vasile, O. and Gillich, G. R., “Finite Element Analysis of Acoustic Pressure Levels and Transmission Loss of a Muffler,” Advances in Remote Sensing, Finite Differences and Information Security, pp. 43–48 (2012).
18. Jadhav, M. B. and Bhattu, A. P., “Validation of the Experimental Setup for the Determination of Transmission Loss of Known Reactive Muffler Model by Using Finite Element Method,” International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology, 2, pp. 96–100 (2012).
19. Seybert, A. F. and Cheng, C. Y. R., “Application of the Boundary Element Method to Acoustic Cavity Response and Muffler Analysis,” Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Journal of Vibration, Stress, and Reliability in Design, 109, pp. 15–21 (1987).
20. Ih, J. G., “The Reactive Attenuation of Rectangular Plenum Chambers,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 157, pp. 93–122 (1992).
21. Chiu, M. C. and Chang, Y. C., “An Assessment of High-order-mode Analysis and Shape Optimization of Expansion Chamber Mufflers,” Archives of Acoustics, 39, pp. 1–11 (2014).
22. Abramowitz, M. and Stegun, I.A., Mathematical Handbook Handbook of Mathematical Functions: With Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, National Bureau of Standards, Washington (1964).
23. Abom, M. and Qazizadeh, A, “Analytical and Numerical Analysis of the Acoustics of Shallow Flow Reversal Chambers,” M.S. Thesis, KTH The Marcus Wallenberg Laboratory for Sound and Vibration Research, Stockholm, Sweden (2012).
24. Holland, J.H., Adaptation in Natural and Artificial System, MIT Press Cambridge, MA, USA (1992).
25. De Jong, K. A., “An Analysis of the Behavior of a Class of Genetic Adaptive Systems,” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S. (1975).
26. Yeh, L. J., Chang, Y. C., Chiu, M. C. and Lai, G. J., “GA Optimization on Multi-segments Muffler under Space Constraints,” Applied Acoustics, 65, pp. 521–543 (2004).
27. Chang, Y. C., Yeh, L. J. and Chiu, M. C., “Optimization of Constrained Multi-layer Absorbers by Using Genetic Algorithms,” International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 9, pp. 175–185 (2004).
28. Lan, T. S. and Chiu, M. C., “Identification of Noise Sources in Factory's Sound Field by Using Genetic Algorithm,” Applied Acoustics, 69, pp. 733–750 (2008).
29. Chiu, M. C., “The Numerical Assessment of Optimal Equipment Allocation and Acoustical Barrier Shape in a Multi-noise Plant by Using the Genetic Algorithm method,” Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 18, pp. 56–68 (2010).
30. Chiu, M. C., “Numerical Assessment of Path-planning for an Autonomous Robot Passing through Multi-layer Barrier Systems Using a Genetic Algorithm,” Information Technology Journal, 9, pp. 1483–1489 (2010).