1. Swift, G. W., “Thermoacoustic Engines,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 84, pp. 1145–1180 (1988).
2. Tijani, M. E. H., “Loudspeaker-Driven Thermo-Acoustic Refrigeration,” PhD Thesis, Technical University Eindhoven (2001).
3. Putnam, A. A. and Dennis, W. R., “Survey of Organ-Pipe Oscillations in Combustion Systems,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 28, pp. 246–259 (1956).
4. Rayleigh, , Strutt, J. W., “The Theory of Sound,” New York, Dover Press, Vol. II (1945).
5. de Boer, P. C. T., “Thermodynamic Analysis of the Basic Pulse-Tube Refrigerator,” Cryogenics, 34, pp. 699–711 (1994).
6. Ceperley, P. H., “A Pistonless Stirling Engine – the Traveling Wave Heat Engine,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 66, pp. 1508–1513 (1979).
7. Rott, N., “Thermoacoustics,” Advances Applied Mechanics, 20, p. 135 (1980).
8. Wheatley, J., Hofler, T., Swift, G. W. and Migliori, A., “An Intrinsically Irreversible Thermoacoustic Heat Engine,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 74, pp. 153–170 (1983).
9. Swift, G. W., “Analysis and Performance of a Large Thermoacoustic Engine,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 92, pp. 1551–1563 (1992).
10. Swift, G. W. and Keolian, R. M., “Thermoacoustics in Pin-Array Stacks,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 94, pp. 941–943 (1993).
11. Wetzel, M. and Herman, C., “Experimental Study of Thermoacoustic Effects on a Single Stack Plate - Part I: Temperature Fields,” Heat Mass Trans, 36, pp. 7–20 (2000).
12. Herman, C. and Trávníček, Z., “Cool Sound: The Future of Refrigeration? Thermodynamic and Heat Transfer Issues in Thermoacoustic Refrigeration,” Heat and Mass Transfer, 42, pp. 492–500 (2006).
13. Mao, X., Yu, Z., Jaworski, J. and Marx, D., “PIV Studies of Coherent Structures Generated at the End of a Stack of Parallel Plates in a Standing Wave Acoustic Field,” Experiments in Fluids, 45, pp. 833–846 (2008).
14. Tijani, M. E. H., Zeegers, J. C. H. and de Waele, A. T. A. M, “The Optimal Stack Spacing for Thermoacoustic Refrigeration,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 112, pp. 128–133 (2002).
15. Miwa, M., Sumi, T., Biwa, T., Ueda, Y. and Yazaki, T., “Measurement of Acoustic Output Power in a Traveling Wave Engine,” Ultrasonics, 44, pp. E1527–E1529 (2006).
16. Biwa, T., “Energy Flow Measurements in Acoustic Waves in a Duct,” Ultrasonics, 44, pp. E1523–E1526 (2006).
17. Jaworski, A. J., Mao, X. A., Mao, X. R. and Yu, Z. B., “Entrance Effects in the Channels of the Parallel Plate Stack in Oscillatory Flow Conditions,” Experiments Thermal Fluid Science, 33, pp. 495–502 (2009).
18. Mao, X. and Jaworski, A. J., “Application of Particle Image Velocimetry Measurement Techniques to Study Turbulence Characteristics of Oscillatory Flows Around Parallel-Plate Structures in Thermoacoustic Devices,” Measurement Science and Technology, 21, pp. 1–16 (2010).
19. Blanc-Benon, P., Besnoin, E. and Knio, O., “Experimental and Computational Visualization of the Flow Field in a Thermoacoustic Stack,” C. R. Mecanique, 331, pp. 17–24 (2003).
20. Zoontjens, L., Howard, C. Q., Zander, A. C. and Cazzolato, B. S., “Numerical Comparison of Thermoacoustic Couples with Modified Stack Plate Edges,” International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, 51, pp. 4829–4840 (2008).
21. Wetzel, M. and Herman, C., “Design Optimization of Thermoacoustic Refrigerators,” International Journal of Refrigeration, 20, pp. 3–21 (1997).
22. Hofler, T. J., “Thermoacoustic Refrigerator Design and Performance,” PhD Thesis, Physics Department, University of California, San Diego (1986).
23. Garrett, S. L., Adeff, J. A. and Hofler, T. J., “Thermoacoustic Refrigerator for Space Applications,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 7, pp. 595–599 (1993).
24. Fellows, O. L., “Thermoacoustic Engine-Generator,” US patent US 6,910,332 B2 (2005).
25. Danov, V. and Gromoll, B., “Method and Device for Increasing the Energy Efficiency of a Power Plant,” US Patent US 2009/0255254 (2009).
26. Herman, C., Kang, E. and Wetzel, M., “Expanding the Applications of Holographic Interferometry to the Quantitative Visualization of Complex, Oscillatory Thermofluid Processes,” Exp. Fluids, 24, pp. 431–446 (1998).
27. Wetzel, M. and Herman, C., “Limitations of Temperature Measurements with Holographic Interferometry in the Presence of Pressure Variations,” Experiments Thermal Fluid Science, 17, pp. 294–308 (1998).
28. Herman, C., “Quantitative Visualization of Heat Transfer in Oscillatory and Pulsatile Flows,” Heat Transfer - Theoretical Analysis, Experimental Investigations and Industrial Systems, Edited by Belmiloudi, Aziz. Publisher: InTech, January 2011.
29. Wetzel, M. and Herman, C., “Experimental Study of Thermoacoustic Effects on a Single Stack Plate - Part II: Heat Transfer,” Heat and Mass Transfer, 35, pp. 433–441 (1999).
30. Wetzel, M. and Herman, C., “Accurate Measurement of High-Speed, Unsteady Temperature Fields by Holographic Interferometry in the Presence of Periodic Pressure Variations,” Measurement Science and Technology, 9, pp. 939–951 (1998).
31. Lédl, V., Vít, T., Trávníček, Z., Chen, Y-C., Maršík, F. and Wang, A-B., “Holographic Interferometry Used for Visualization of the Function of Thermoacoustics Prime Mover,” Proceedings of 7th Pacific Symposium on Flow Visualization and Image Processing (PSFVIP-7), November 16-19, 2009, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Editor: C-H. Tai; 21B-3 in Book of Abstracts, full text is on the CD Proceedings (2009).
32. Doleček, R., Lédl, V., Kopecký, V., Psota, P., Václavík, J. and Vít, T., “Prospects of Digital Holographic Interferometry in Heat Transfer Measurement,” Proceedings of the International Conference Experimental Fluid Mechanics, November 25-27, 2009, TU Liberec, pp. 25–33 (2009).
33. Lédl, V. and Květoň, M., “Characterization and Application of New Photopolymer Recording Media for Usage in Holography,” Proceedings of the International Conference Photonics Prague, pp. 88–93 (2008).
34. Kreis, T., Handbook of Holographic Interferometry – Optical and Digital Methods, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim (2005).
35. Kinsler, L. E., Frey, A. R., Coppens, A. B. and Sanders, J. V., Fundamentals of Acoustics, 4th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York (2000).