1. Nakajima, H., “Fabrication, Properties and Application of Porous Metals with Directional Pores,” Progress in Materials Science, 52, pp. 1091–1173 (2007).
2. Yoshimura, K., Inada, T. and Koyama, S.,“Growth of Spherical and Cylindrical Oxygen Bubbles at an Ice-Water Interface,” Crystal Growth and Design, 8, pp. 2108–2115 (2008).
3. Kou, S., Welding Metallurgy, Wiley, New York (1987).
4. Sulfredge, C. D., Chow, L. C. and Tagavi, K. A., “Artificial Dispersal of Void Patterns in Unidirectional Freezing,” Experimental Heat Transfer, 6, pp. 389–409 (1993).
5. Zhao, H., White, D. R. and DebRoy, T., “Current Issues and Problems in Laser Welding of Automotive Aluminum Alloys,” International Materials Reviews, 44, pp. 238–266 (1999).
6. Elmer, J. W., Vaja, J., Carlton, H. D. and Pong, R., “The Effect of Ar and N2 Shielding Gas on Laser Weld Porosity in Steel, Stainless Steels, and Nickel,” Welding Journal, 94, pp. 313–325 (2015).
7. Wei, P. S., Huang, C. C. and Lee, K. W., “Nucleation of Bubbles on a Solidification Front-Experiment and Analysis,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 34, pp. 321–332 (2003).
8. Catalina, A. V., Stefanescu, D. M., Sen, S. and Kaukler, W. F., “Interactions of Porosity with a Planar Solid/Liquid Interface,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 35, pp. 1525–1538 (2004).
9. Tatarchenko, V. A., “Cylindrical Pores in a Growing Crystal,” Journal of Crystal Growth, 143, pp. 294–300 (1994).
10. Wei, P. S. and Ho, C. Y., “An Analytical Self-Consistent Determination of a Bubble with a Deformed Cap Trapped in Solid during Solidification,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 33, pp. 91–100 (2002).
11. Wei, P. S., “Thermal Science of Weld Bead Defects: A Review,” in Special Issue on Advanced Thermal Processing, Journal of Heat Transfer, 133, 031005 (2011).
12. Park, J. S., Hyun, S. K., Suzuki, S. and Nakajima, H., “Effect of Transference Velocity and Hydrogen Pressure on Porosity and Pore Morphology of Lotus-Type Porous Copper Fabricated by a Continuous Casting Technique,” Acta Materialia, 55, pp. 5646–5654 (2007).
13. Drenchev, L., Sobczak, J., Sobczak, N., Sha, W. and Malinov, S., “A Comprehensive Model of Ordered Porosity Formation,” Acta Materialia, 55, pp. 6459–6471 (2007).
14. Wei, P. S. and Hsiao, S. Y., “Pore Shape Development from a Bubble Captured by a Solidification Front,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55, pp. 8129–8138 (2012).
15. Wei, P. S. and Hsiao, S. Y., “Pore Formation from Bubble Entrapment by a Solidification Front,” American Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2, pp. 76–88 (2015).
16. Jones, S. F., Evans, G. M. and Galvin, K. P., “The Cycle of Bubble Production from a Gas Cavity in a Supersaturated Solution,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 80, pp. 51–84 (1999).
17. Cox, M. C., Anilkumar, A. V., Grugel, R. N. and Lee, C. P., “Effect of Step-Wise Change in Processing Pressure on Isolated Pore Growth during Controlled Directional Solidification in Small Channels,” Journal of Crystal Growth, 311, pp. 327–336 (2009).
18. Lee, C. P., Anilkumar, A. V., Cox, M. C., Lioi, C. B. and Grugel, R. N., “Evolution of Elongated Pores at the Melt-Solid Interface during Controlled Directional Solidification,” Acta Materialia, 61, pp. 3752–3757 (2013).
19. Wei, P. S. and Hsiao, C. C., “Microbubble or Pendant Drop Control Described by a General Phase Diagram,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52, pp. 1304–1312 (2009).
20. Wei, P. S., Huang, C. C., Wang, Z. P., Chen, K. Y. and Lin, C. H., “Growths of Bubble/Pore Sizes in Solid during Solidification -An In Situ Measurement and Analysis,” Journal of Crystal Growth, 270, pp. 662–673 (2004).