1. Andriacchi, T. P., Andersson, G. B., Fermier, R. W., Stern, D. and Galante, J. O., “A Study of Lower-Limb Mechanics During Stair-Climbing,” Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery - American Volume, 62, pp. 749–757 (1980).
2. McFadyen, B. J. and Winter, D. A., “An Integrated Biomechanical Analysis of Normal Stair Ascent and Descent,” Journal of Biomechanics, 21, pp. 733–744 (1988).
3. Lin, H. C., Lu, T. W. and Hsu, H. C., “Comparisons of Joint Kinetics in the Lower Extremity Between Stair Ascent and Descent,” Journal of Mechanics, 21, pp. 41–50 (2005).
4. Protopapadaki, A., Drechsler, W. I., Cramp, M. C., Coutts, F. J. and Scott, O. M., “Hip, Knee, Ankle Kinematics and Kinetics During Stair Ascent and Descent in Healthy Young Individuals,” Clinical Biomechanics, 22, pp. 203–210 (2007).
5. Nadeau, S., McFadyen, B. J. and Malouin, F., “Frontal and Sagittal Plane Analyses of the Stair Climbing Task in Healthy Adults Aged Over 40 Years: What Are the Challenges Compared to Level Walking?,” Clinical Biomechanics, 18, pp. 950–959, (2003).
6. Larsen, A. H., Puggaard, L., Hamalainen, U. and Aagaard, P., “Comparison of Ground Reaction Forces and Antagonist Muscle Coactivation During Stair Walking with Ageing,” Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 18, pp. 568–580 (2008).
7. Christina, K. A. and Cavanagh, P. R., “Ground Reaction Forces and Frictional Demands During Stair Descent: Effects of Age and Illumination,” Gait & Posture, 15, pp. 153–158 (2002).
8. Beaulieu, D., F. G., , Pelland, L. and Robertson, D. G., “Kinetic Analysis of Forwards and Backwards Stair Descent,” Gait Posture, 27, pp. 564–571 (2008).
9. Stacoff, A., Diezi, C., Luder, G., Stussi, E. and Kramers-de Quervain, I. A., “Ground Reaction Forces on Stairs: Effects of Stair Inclination and Age,” Gait & Posture, 21, pp. 24–38 (2005).
10. Salsich, G. B., Brechter, J. H. and Powers, C. M., “Lower Extremity Kinetics During Stair Ambulation in Patients with and Without Patellofemoral Pain,” Clinical Biomechanics, 16, pp. 906–912 (2001).
11. Brindle, T. J., Mattacola, C. and McCrory, J., “Electromyographic Changes in the Gluteus Medius During Stair Ascent and Descent in Subjects with Anterior Knee Pain,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 11, pp. 244–251 (2003).
12. Rudolph, K. S. and Snyder-Mackler, L., “Effect of Dynamic Stability on a Step Task in ACL Deficient Individuals,” Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 14, pp. 565–575 (2004).
13. Thambyah, A., Thiagarajan, P. and Goh Cho Hong, J., “Knee Joint Moments During Stair Climbing of Patients with Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficiency,” Clinical Biomechanics, 19, pp. 489–496 (2004).
14. Andriacchi, T. P. and Birac, D., “Functional Testing in the Anterior Cruciate Ligament-Deficient Knee,” Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, pp. 40–47 (1993).
15. Andriacchi, T. P., Dyrby, C. O. and Johnson, T. S., “The Use of Functional Analysis in Evaluating Knee Kinematics,” Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, pp. 44–53 (2003).
16. Meyers, M. C., Sterling, J. C. and Marley, R. R., “Efficacy of Stairclimber Versus Cycle Ergometry in Postoperative Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rehabilitation,” Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 12, pp. 85–94 (2002).
17. Riener, R., Rabuffetti, M. and Frigo, C., “Stair Ascent and Descent at Different Inclinations,” Gait & Posture, 15, pp. 32–44 (2002).
18. Liikavainio, T., Isolehto, J., Helminen, H. J., Perttunen, J., Lepola, V., Kiviranta, I., Arokoski, J. P. and Komi, P. V., “Loading and Gait Symmetry During Level and Stair Walking in Asymptomatic Subjects with Knee Osteoarthritis: Importance of Quadriceps Femoris in Reducing Impact Force During Heel Strike?,” Knee, 14, pp. 231–238 (2007).
19. Stacoff, A., Kramers-de Quervain, I. A., Luder, G., List, R. and Stussi, E., “Ground Reaction Forces on Stairs. Part II: Knee Implant Patients Versus Normals,” Gait Posture, 26, pp. 48–58 (2007).
20. Taylor, W. R., Heller, M. O., Bergmann, G. and Duda, G. N., “Tibio-Femoral Loading During Human Gait and Stair Climbing,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 22, pp. 625–632 (2004).
21. Lu, T.-W. and Lu, C.-H., “Forces Transmitted in the Knee Joint During Stair Ascent and Descent,” Journal of Mechanics, 22, pp. 289–297 (2006).
22. Chmielewski, T. L., Wilk, K. E. and Snyder- Mackler, L., “Changes in Weight-Bearing Following Injury or Surgical Reconstruction of the ACL: Relationship to Quadriceps Strength and Function,” Gait & Posture, 16, pp. 87–95 (2002).
23. Tegner, Y. and Lysholm, J., “Rating Systems in the Evaluation of Knee Ligament Injuries,” Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, pp. 43–49 (1985).
24. Lysholm, J. and Gillquist, J., “Evaluation of Knee Ligament Surgery Results with Special Emphasis on Use of a Scoring Scale,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, 10, pp. 150–154 (1982).
25. de Jong, S. N., van Caspel, D. R., van Haeff, M. J. and Saris, D. B., “Functional Assessment and Muscle Strength Before and After Reconstruction of Chronic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Lesions,” Arthroscopy, 23, pp. 21–28, 28 e1-3, (2007).
26. Lephart, S. M., Ferris, C. M., Riemann, B. L., Myers, J. B. and Fu, F. H., “Gender Differences in Strength and Lower Extremity Kinematics During Landing,” Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, pp. 162–169 (2002).
27. Ahmed, A. M. and McLean, C., “In Vitro Measurement of the Restraining Role of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament During Walking and Stair Ascent,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 124, pp. 768–779 (2002).
28. Beynnon, B. D., Fleming, B. C., Johnson, R. J., Nichols, C. E., Renstrom, P. A. and Pope, M. H., “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Strain Behavior During Rehabilitation Exercises in Vivo,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, 23, pp. 24–34 (1995).
29. Toutoungi, D. E., Lu, T. W., Leardini, A., Catani, F. and O'Connor, J. J., “Cruciate Ligament Forces in the Human Knee During Rehabilitation Exercises,” Clinical Biomechanics, 15, pp. 176–187 (2000).
30. Courtney, C., Rine, R. M. and Kroll, P., “Central Somatosensory Changes and Altered Muscle Synergies in Subjects with Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficiency,” Gait & Posture, 22, pp. 69–74 (2005).