Journal of Materials Research (JMR) publishes the latest advances about the creation of new materials and materials with novel functionalities, fundamental understanding of processes that control the response of materials, and development of materials with significant performance improvements relative to state of the art materials. JMR welcomes papers that highlight novel processing techniques, the application and development of new analytical tools, and interpretation of fundamental materials science to achieve enhanced materials properties and uses. Materials research papers in the following topical areas are welcome.
• Novel materials discovery
• Electronic, photonic and magnetic materials
• Energy Conversion and storage materials
• New thermal and structural materials
• Soft materials
• Biomaterials and related topics
• Nanoscale science and technology
• Advances in materials characterization methods and techniques
• Computational materials science, modeling and theory
The following topics are outside the scope of JMR—asphalt, concrete, cement, recycled materials, naturally-occurring materials such as clay, minerals, rice husks, and traditional materials—unless significant improvements in properties, or materials science, are demonstrated. Research based on statistically designed experiments is inappropriate for inclusion in JMR.
Watch an MRS TV interview from the 2014 MRS Spring Meeting with Gary Messing, editor-in-chief, and Scott Misture, principal editor.