1. Abelson, J, Collins, PA. Media hyping and the “herceptin access story”: An analysis of Canadian and UK newspaper coverage. Healthc Policy. 2009;4:e113–e128.
2. Braunack-Mayer, A, Street, J, Rogers, W, et al. Including the public in pandemic planning: A deliberative approach. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:501.
3. Chester, R. IVF mum wages letter war against plan to curb Medicare Safety Net. Courier Mail. Brisbane: News Limited; 25 March 2009.
4. Cresswell, A. Obstetricians urged to scale back fees. The Australian. Sydney: News Limited; 14 May 2009.
6. Doherty, B. Destruction, creation and immortality: Discourse, public policy and nascent human life. Australasian Political Studies Association (APSA) Annual Conference. Monash University, Melbourne; 24th-26th September 2007.
7. Doherty, E. IVF couples face price war. The Sunday Mail. Adelaide: News Limited; 20 December 2009.
8. Drape, J. Blocking IVF changes ‘fiscally irresponsible’. The Canberra Times (online). Canberra: Fairfax; 20 August 2009.
9. Dunlevy, S. Baby bills up $2000 as Medicare Safety Net cut. Daily Telegraph. Sydney: News Limited; 2009.
10. Dunlevy, S. IVF mums to fork out after cutbacks. The Daily Telegraph. Sydney: News Limited; September 8th 2009.
11. Elshaug, AG, Hiller, JE, Tunis, SR, Moss, JR. Challenges in Australian policy processes for disinvestment from existing, ineffective health care practices. Aust New Zealand Health Policy. 2007;4:23.
12. Facey, K, Boivin, A, Gracia, J, et al. Patients’ perspectives in health technology assessment: A route to robust evidence and fair deliberation. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2010;26:334–340.
13. Gordon, J. Age-old question of IVF funding. The Canberra Times. Canberra: Fairfax; 12 April 2009.
14. Haydon, R. Posted June 3rd 2009. Response to: Medicare Funding for IVF On the Chopping Block posted by Amber Robinson, March 17th. Babble Australia Blog. http://www.babble.com.au (accessed January 6, 2010).
15. Kovacs, GT, Morgan, G, Wood, EC, Forbes, C, Howlett, D. Community attitudes to assisted reproductive technology: A 20-year trend. Med J Aust. 2003;179:536–538.
16. Lehoux, P, Blume, S. Technology assessment and the sociopolitics of health technologies. J Health Polit Policy Law. 2000;25:1083–1120.
17. Liamputtong, P, Ezzy, D. Qualitative research method. 2nd ed. Melbourne: Oxford University Press; 1999.
18. Miller, N. Mothers hit by $550 birth hike. The Age. Melbourne: Fairfax; May 14, 2009.
19. Morrison, S. Infertile couples pay a huge price. The Daily Telegraph. Sydney: News Limited; May 24, 2009.
20. O'Brien, S. Keep baby hope alive with IVF. Herald Sun. Melbourne: News Limited; July 7, 2009.
21. Robotham, J. Budget removes safety net for IVF parents. The Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney: Fairfax; May 8, 2009.
22. Ryan, S. Nicola Roxon's deal to save IVF rebates. The Australian. Sydney: News Limited; September 4, 2009.
23. Street, JM, Braunack-Mayer, AJ, Facey, K, Ashcroft, RE, Hiller, JE. Virtual community consultation? Using the literature and weblogs to link community perspectives and health technology assessment. Health Expect. 2008;11:189–200.