1. Bergeron, C, Largeron, N, McAllister, R, Mathevet, P, Remy, V. Cost-effectiveness analysis of the introduction of a quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in France. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2008;24:10–19.
2. Burchell, AN, Richardson, H, Mahmud, SM, et al. Modeling the sexual transmissibility of human papillomavirus infection using stochastic computer simulation and empirical data from a cohort study of young women in Montreal, Canada. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;163:534–543.
3. Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health. Guidelines for the economic evaluation of health technologies: Canada. 3rd ed. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2006.
4. Clifford, GM, Rana, RK, Franceschi, S, et al. Human papillomavirus genotype distribution in low-grade cervical lesions: Comparison by geographic region and with cervical cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:1157–1164.
5. Elbasha, EH, Dasbach, EJ, Insinga, RP. Model for assessing human papillomavirus vaccination strategies. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:28–41.
6. European Medicines Agency. Gardasil-H-C-703-II-06. Annex 1. Summary of Product Characteristics. London: European Medicines Agency; 2008.
7. Hu, D, Goldie, S. The economic burden of noncervical human papillomavirus disease in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198:500–507.
8. Jakobsen, AK, Engelholm, SA, Knudsen, JB. [Cervix cancer]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2002;164:3059–3062.
9. Jit, M, Choi, YH, Edmunds, WJ. Economic evaluation of human papillomavirus vaccination in the United Kingdom. BMJ. 2008;337:a769.
10. Kim, SY, Goldie, SJ. Cost-effectiveness analyses of vaccination programmes: A focused review of modelling approaches. Pharmacoeconomics. 2008;26:191–215.
11. Kjaer, SK, Tran, TN, Sparen, P, et al. The burden of genital warts: A study of nearly 70,000 women from the general female population in the 4 Nordic countries. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:1447–1454.
12. Lacey, CJ, Lowndes, CM, Shah, KV. Chapter 4: Burden and management of non-cancerous HPV-related conditions: HPV-6/11 disease. Vaccine. 2006;24 (Suppl 3):S35–S41.
13. Langley, PC, Langley-Hawthorne, C, Rash, R. Data on file report. A retrospective analysis of treatment patterns and costs in external genital warts in Danish dermatology clinics. 3M Pharmaceuticals; 2001.
14. Langley, PC, Langley-Hawthorne, C, Rash, R. Study report. A retrospective analysis of treatment patterns and costs of external genital warts in general practice in Denmark. 3M Pharmaceuticals; 2001.
15. Ministry of Health and Prevention [Ministeriet for Sundhed og Forebyggelse]. Agreement between the government (Liberal and Conservative parties), Danish People's Party, Social-Liberal Party and New Alliance about: New initiatives in the health care sector (1st March 2008 [Aftale mellem regeringen (Venstre og Konservative), Dansk Folkeparti, Det Radikale Venstre og Ny Alliance om: Nye initiativer på sundhedsområdet (1. marts 2008)]. Denmark: Ministry of Health and Prevention; 2008.
16. Monsonego, J, Breugelmans, JG, Bouee, S, et al. [Anogenital warts incidence, medical management and costs in women consulting gynaecologists in France]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2007;35:107–113.
17. National Board of Health. Liquid-based cytology and conventional Pap smear used in cervical cancer screening in Denmark – a health technology assessment [Væskebaseret teknik og udstryningsteknik anvendt til screening for livmoderhalskræft i Danmark—en medicinsk teknologivurdering]. Copenhagen: National Board of Health; 2005.
18. National Board of Health. Reduction in the risk of cervical cancer by vaccination against human papillomavirus (HPV) – a health technology assessment. Copenhagen: National Board of Health, Danish Centre for Health Technology Assessment; January 20, 2007. Report No: 9(1).
19. National Board of Health. The cancer registry and the causes of death registry. Copenhagen: National Board of Health; 2008.
20. Olsson, SE, Villa, LL, Costa, RL, et al. Induction of immune memory following administration of a prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6/11/16/18 L1 virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine. Vaccine. 2007;25:4931–4939.
21. Parkin, DM, Bray, F, Ferlay, J, Pisani, P. Global cancer statistics, 2002. CA Cancer J Clin. 2005;55:74–108.
22. Smith, JS, Lindsay, L, Hoots, B, et al. Human papillomavirus type distribution in invasive cervical cancer and high-grade cervical lesions: A meta-analysis update. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:621–632.
23. The UK Collaborative Group for HIV and STI Surveillance. Testing times. HIV and other sexually transmitted infections in the United Kingdom: 2007. London: Health Protection Agency, Centre for Infections; November 2007.
24. Usher, C, Tilson, L, Olsen, J, et al. Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus vaccine in reducing the risk of cervical cancer in Ireland due to HPV types 16 and 18 using a transmission dynamic model. Vaccine. 2008;26:5654–5661.