1. Brar, SS, Leon, MB, Stone, GW, et al. Use of drug-eluting stents in acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:1677–1689.
2. Begg, CB, Mazumdar, M. Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias. Biometrics. 1994;50:1088–1101.
3. De Luca, G, Stone, GW, Suryapranata, H, et al. Efficacy and safety of drug-eluting stents in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A meta-analysis of randomized trials. Int J Cardiol. 2009;133:213–222.
4. De Luca, G, Valgimigli, M, Spaulding, C, et al. Short and long-term benefits of sirolimus-eluting stent in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A meta-analysis of randomized trials. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2009;28:200–210.
5. DerSimonian, R, Laird, N. Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials. 1986;7:177–188.
6. Duval, S, Tweedie, R. Trim and fill: A simple funnel-plot–based method of testing and adjusting for publication bias in meta-analysis. Biometrics. 2000;56:455–463.
7. Egger, M, Smith, GD, Schneider, M, Minder, C. Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test. BMJ. 1997;315:629–634.
8. Finn, AV, Nakazawa, G, Kolodgie, F, Virmani, R. Drug eluting or bare metal stent for acute myocardial infarction: An issue of safety? Eur Heart J. 2009;30:1828–1830.
9. Guyatt, GH, Oxman, AD, Vist, GE, et al. GRADE: An emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations. BMJ. 2008;336:924–926.
10. Higgins, JPT, Green, S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.0.2 (updated September 2009). The Cochrane Collaboration, 2009. www.cochrane-handbook.org (accessed October 1, 2009).
11. Higgins, JPT, Thompson, SG, Deeks, JJ, Altman, DG. Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ. 2003;327:557–560.
12. Hill, RA, Boland, A, Dickson, R, et al. Drug-eluting stents: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2007;11:iii, xi-221.
13. Iijima, R, Byrne, RA, Dibra, A, et al. Drug-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents in diabetic patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction: A pooled analysis of individual patient data from seven randomized trials. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2009;62:354–364.
14. Kastrati, A, Dibra, A, Spaulding, C, et al. Meta-analysis of randomized trials on drug-eluting stents vs. bare-metal stents in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:2706–2713.
15. Kim, SS, Park, DW, Seo, JS, et al. Abstract AS-190: Long-term clinical outcomes with drug-eluting versus bare metal stents in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2009;103 (Suppl 1):81B.
16. Kushner, FG, Hand, M, Smith, SC Jr, et al. 2009. Focused updates: ACC/AHA Guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (updating the 2004 guideline and 2007 focused update) and ACC/AHA/SCAI Guidelines on percutaneous coronary intervention (updating the 2005 guideline and 2007 focused update): A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2009;120:2271–2306.
17. Kuukasjarvi, P, Malmivaara, A, Halinen, M, et al. Overview of systematic reviews on invasive treatment of stable coronary artery disease. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2006;22:219–234.
18. Moreno, R, Fernandez, C, Calvo, L, et al. Meta-analysis comparing the effect of drug-eluting versus bare metal stents on risk of acute myocardial infarction during follow-up. Am J Cardiol. 2007;99:621–625.
19. Nakamura, S, Bae, J, Cahyadi, YH, et al. Three-year follow-up of patients with ST-segment evelation acute myocardial infarction treated with sirolimus-eluting stent and paclitaxel-eluting stent: Multicenter registry in Asia. Circulation. 2006;114 (II_516):Abstract 2503.
20. NECA. Drug-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents in acute myocardial infarction (NA2009-015). Seoul, Korea: The National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA); 2010.
21. Nordmann, AJ, Hengstler, P, Leimenstoll, BM, et al. Clinical outcomes of stents versus balloon angioplasty in non-acute coronary artery disease. Eur Heart J. 2004;25:69–80.
22. Pan, XH, Zhong, WZ, Xiang, MX, et al. Clinical outcomes of serolimus-eluting stents versus bare metal stents in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients: A meta-analysis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:88–92.
23. Park, KW, Kang, SH, Lee, HY, et al. Abstract TCT-315: ‘Real World’ comparison of drug-eluting stents versus bare metal stents in the treatment of unselected patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: Mid to long term results from a two center registry. Am J Cardiol. 2008;102 (Suppl 1):128i.
24. Pasceri, V, Patti, G, Speciale, G, et al. Meta-analysis of clinical trials on use of drug-eluting stents for treatment of acute myocardial infarction. Am Heart J. 2007;153:749–754.
25. Piscione, F, Piccolo, R, Cassese, S, Galasso, G, Chiariello, M. Clinical impact of sirolimus-eluting stent in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74:323–332.
26. Shea, BJ, Hamel, C, Wells, GA, et al. AMSTAR is a reliable and valid measurement tool to assess the methodological quality of systematic reviews. J Clin Epidemiol. 2009;62:1013–1020.
27. Slim, K, Nini, E, Forestier, D, et al. Methodological index for non-randomized studies (MINORS): Development and validation of a new instrument. ANZ J Surg. 2003;73:712–716.
28. Valgimigli, M, Campo, G, Arcozzi, C, et al. Two-year clinical follow-up after sirolimus-eluting versus bare-metal stent implantation assisted by systematic glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor infusion in patients with myocardial infarction: Results from the STRATEGY study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:138–145.