1. Kizny Gordon, AE, Mathers, AJ, Cheong, EYL, et al. The hospital water environment as a reservoir for carbapenem-resistant organisms causing hospital-acquired infections—a systematic review of the literature. Clin Infect Dis 2017 ;64:1435–1444.
2. Jencson, AL, Cadnum, JL, Piedrahita, C, Donskey, CJ. Hospital sinks are a potential nosocomial source of Candida infections. Clin Infect Dis 2017;65:1954–1955.
3. Livingston, SH, Cadnum, JL, Gestrich, S, Jencson, AL, Donskey, CJ. A novel sink drain cover prevents dispersal of microorganisms from contaminated sink drains. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:1254–1256.
4. Parkes, LO, Hota, SS. Sink-related outbreaks and mitigation strategies in healthcare facilities. Curr Infect Dis Rep 2018;20:42.
5. Kotay, S, Chai, W, Guilford, W, Barry, K, Mathers, AJ. Spread from the sink to the patient: in situ study using green fluorescent protein (GFP)–expressing Escherichia coli to model bacterial dispersion from hand washing sink trap reservoirs. Appl Environ Microbiol 2017;83(8):pii:e03327-16.
6. Klick, JM, du Moulin, GC, Hedley-Whyte, J, Teres, D, Bushnell, LS, Feingold, DS. Prevention of gram-negative bacillary pneumonia using polymyxin aerosol as prophylaxis. II. Effect on the incidence of pneumonia in seriously ill patients. J Clin Invest 1975;55:514–519.
7. Gbaguidi-Haore, H, Varin, A, Cholley, P, Thouverez, M, Hocquet, D, Bertrand, X. A bundle of measures to control an outbreak of Pseudomonas aeruginosa associated with P-trap contamination. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:164–169.