1. Ruh, CA, Parameswaran, GI, Wojciechowski, AL, Mergenhagen, KA. Outcomes and pharmacoeconomic analysis of a home intravenous antibiotic infusion program in veterans. Clin Therapeut 2015;37:2527–2535.
2. Durojaiye, OC, Bell, H, Andrews, D, Ntziora, F, Cartwright, K. Clinical efficacy, cost analysis and patient acceptability of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT): a decade of sheffield (UK) OPAT service. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2018;51:26–32.
3. Chapman, AL, Dixon, S, Andrews, D, Lillie, PJ, Bazaz, R, Patchett, JD. Clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT): a UK perspective. J Antimicrob Chemother 2009;64:1316–1324.
4. Saillen, L, Arensdorff, L, Moulin, E, et al. Patient satisfaction in an outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) unit practising predominantly self-administration of antibiotics with elastomeric pumps. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2017;36:1387–1392.
5. Bhavan, KP, Brown, LS, Haley, RW. Self-administered outpatient antimicrobial infusion by uninsured patients discharged from a safety-net hospital: a propensity-score-balanced retrospective cohort study. PLoS Med 2015;12:e1001922.
6. Vargas-Palacios, A, Meads, DM, Twiddy, M, et al. Cost-effectiveness of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy: a simulation modelling approach. J Antimicrob Chemother 2017;72:2392–2400.
7. Suleyman, G, Kenney, R, Zervos, MJ, Weinmann, A. Safety and efficacy of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy in an academic infectious disease clinic. J Clin Pharm Therapeut 2017;42:39–43.
8. Keller, SC, Williams, D, Gavgani, M, Hirsch, D, Adamovich, J, Hohl, D, Gurses, AP, Cosgrove, SE. Rates of and risk factors for adverse drug events in outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. Clin Infect Dis 2018;66:11–19.
9. Lee, B, Tam, I, Weigel, Bt, et al. Comparative outcomes of beta-lactam antibiotics in outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy: treatment success, readmissions and antibiotic switches. J Antimicrob Chemother 2015;70:2389–2396.
10. Means, L, Bleasdale, S, Sikka, M, Gross, AE. Predictors of hospital readmission in patients receiving outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. Pharmacotherapy 2016;36:934–939.
11. Hale, CM, Steele, JM, Seabury, RW, Miller, CD. Characterization of drug-related problems occurring in patients receiving outpatient antimicrobial therapy. J Pharm Pract 2017;30:600–605.
12. Shrestha, NK, Mason, P, Gordon, SM, et al. Adverse events, healthcare interventions and healthcare utilization during home infusion therapy with daptomycin and vancomycin: a propensity score-matched cohort study. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014;69:1407–1415.
13. Shrestha, NK, Shrestha, J, Everett, A, et al. Vascular access complications during outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy at home: a retrospective cohort study. J Antimicrob Chemother 2016;71:506–512.
14. Schmidt, M, Hearn, B, Gabriel, M, Spencer, MD, McCurdy, L. Predictors of unplanned hospitalization in patients receiving outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy across a large integrated healthcare network. Open Forum Infect Dis 2017;4:ofx086.
15. Allison, GM, Muldoon, EG, Kent, DM, et al. Prediction model for 30-day hospital readmissions among patients discharged receiving outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy. Clin Infect Dis 2014;58:812–819.
16. Tice, AD, Rehm, SJ, Dalovisio, JR, et al. Practice guidelines for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. IDSA guidelines. Clin Infect Dis 2004;38:1651–1672.
17. Conant, MM, Erdman, SM, Osterholzer, D. Mandatory infectious diseases approval of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT): clinical and economic outcomes of averted cases. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014;69:1695–1700.
18. Gilchrist, M, Seaton, RA. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy and antimicrobial stewardship: challenges and checklists. J Antimicrob Chemother 2015;70:965–970.
19. Muldoon, EG, Snydman, DR, Penland, EC, Allison, GM. Are we ready for an outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy bundle? A critical appraisal of the evidence. Clin Infect Dis 2013;57:419–424.
20. Madaline, T, Nori, P, Mowrey, W, et al. Bundle in the Bronx: impact of a transition-of-care outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy bundle on all-cause 30-day hospital readmissions. Open Forum Infect Dis 2017;4:ofx097.
21. Tamma, PD, Avdic, E, Li, DX, Dzintars, K, Cosgrove, SE. Association of adverse events with antibiotic use in hospitalized patients. JAMA Intern Med 2017;177:1308–1315.
22. Branch-Elliman, W, Ripollone, JE, O’Brien, WJ, et al. Risk of surgical site infection, acute kidney injury, and Clostridium difficile infection following antibiotic prophylaxis with vancomycin plus a beta-lactam versus either drug alone: a national propensity-score-adjusted retrospective cohort study. PLoS Med 2017;14:e1002340.
23. Karino, S, Kaye, KS, Navalkele, B, et al. Epidemiology of acute kidney injury among patients receiving concomitant vancomycin and piperacillin-tazobactam: opportunities for antimicrobial stewardship. Antimicrob Agent Chemother 2016;60:3743–3750.
24. Kim, T, Kandiah, S, Patel, M, et al. Risk factors for kidney injury during vancomycin and piperacillin/tazobactam administration, including increased odds of injury with combination therapy. BMC Res Note 2015;8:579.
25. Moenster, RP, Linneman, TW, Finnegan, PM, Hand, S, Thomas, Z, McDonald, JR. Acute renal failure associated with vancomycin and beta-lactams for the treatment of osteomyelitis in diabetics: piperacillin-tazobactam as compared with cefepime. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:O384–O389.
26. Quan, H, Sundararajan, V, Halfon, P, et al. Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data. Medical Care 2005;43:1130–1139.
27. Li, B, Evans, D, Faris, P, Dean, S, Quan, H. Risk adjustment performance of Charlson and Elixhauser comorbidities in ICD-9 and ICD-10 administrative databases. BMC Health Serv Res 2008;8:12.
28. Huck, D, Ginsberg, JP, Gordon, SM, Nowacki, AS, Rehm, SJ, Shrestha, NK. Association of laboratory test result availability and rehospitalizations in an outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy programme. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014;69:228–233.
29. Acuna-Villaorduna, C, Branch-Elliman, W, Strymish, J, Gupta, K. Active identification of patients who are methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonized is not associated with longer duration of vancomycin therapy. Am J Infect Control 2017;45:1081–1085.
30. Keller, SC, Ciuffetelli, D, Bilker, W, et al. The impact of an infectious diseases transition service on the care of outpatients on parenteral antimicrobial therapy. J Pharm Technol 2013;29:205–214.
31. Lane, MA, Marschall, J, Beekmann, SE, et al. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy practices among adult infectious disease physicians. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2014;35:839–844.