1. Dargere, S, Parienti, JJ, Roupie, E, et al. Unique blood culture for diagnosis of bloodstream infections in emergency departments: a prospective multicentre study. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:O920–O927.
2. Lamy, B, Dargere, S, Arendrup, MC, Parienti, JJ, Tattevin, P. How to optimize the use of blood cultures for the diagnosis of bloodstream infections? A state-of-the art. Front Microbiol 2016;7:697.
3. Hall, KK, Lyman, JA. Updated review of blood culture contamination. Clin Microbiol Rev 2006;19:788–802.
4. Alahmadi, YM, Aldeyab, MA, McElnay, JC, et al. Clinical and economic impact of contaminated blood cultures within the hospital setting. J Hosp Infect 2011;77:233–236.
5. Zimmerman, FS, Assous, MV, Yinnon, AM, Wiener-Well, Y. Reducing blood culture contamination using a departmental report card. J Hosp Infect 2018;99:236–237.
6. Self, WH, Speroff, T, Grijalva, CG, et al. Reducing blood culture contamination in the emergency department: an interrupted time series quality improvement study. Acad Emerg Med 2013;20:89–97.