1. Mitchell, BG, Dancer, SJ, Anderson, M, Dehn, E. Risk of organism acquisition from prior room occupants: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Hosp Infect 2015;91:211–217.
2. Climo, MW, Sepkowitz, KA, Zuccotti, G, et al. The effect of daily bathing with chlorhexidine on the acquisition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus, and healthcare-associated bloodstream infections: results of a quasi-experimental multicenter trial. Crit Care Med 2009;37:1858–1865.
3. Dancer, SJ. The role of environmental cleaning in the control of hospital-acquired infection. J Hosp Infect 2009;73:378–385.
4. McDermott, H, Skally, M, O’Rourke, J, Humphreys, H, Fitzgerald-Hughes, D. Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE) in the intensive care unit in a nonoutbreak setting: identification of potential reservoirs and epidemiological associations between patient and environmental VRE. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:40–45.
5. Borg, MA, Waisfisz, B, Frank, U. Quantitative assessment of organizational culture within hospitals and its relevance to infection prevention and control strategies. J Hosp Infect 2015;90:75–77.
6. Humphreys, H. Controlling the spread of vancomycin-resistant Enterococci. Is active screening worthwhile? J Hosp Infect 2014;88:191–198.