1. Huang, YC. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization and its association with infection among infants hospitalized in neonatal intensive care units. Pediatrics 2006;118:469–474.
2. Lally, RT, Lanz, E, Schrock, C. G. Rapid control of an outbreak of Staphylococcus aureus on a neonatal intensive care department using standard infection control practices and nasal mupirocin. Am J Infect Control 2004;32:44–47.
3. Delaney, HM, Wang, E, Melish, M. Comprehensive strategy including prophylactic mupirocin to reduce Staphylococcus aureus colonization and infection in high-risk neonates. J Perinatol 2013;33:313–318.
4. Song, X, Cheung, S, Klontz, K, Short, B, Campos, J, Singh, N. A stepwise approach to control an outbreak and ongoing transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a neonatal intensive care unit. Am J Infect Control 2010;38:607–611.
5. Antonov, NK, Garzon, MC, Morel, KD, Whittier, S, Planet, PJ, Lauren, CT. High prevalence of mupirocin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus isolates from a pediatric population. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2015;59:3350–3356.
6. The Mupirocin Study Group. Nasal mupirocin prevents Staphylococcus aureus exit-site infection during peritoneal dialysis. J Am Soc Nephrol 1996;7:2403–2408.
8. Suwantarat, N, Carroll, KC, Tekle, T, Ross, T, Popoola, VO, Milstone, AM. Low prevalence of mupirocin resistance among hospital-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates in a neonatal intensive care unit with an active surveillance cultures and decolonization program. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2015;36:232–233.
9. Park, S, Kim, SY, Lee, JH, Park, C, Lee, DG. Community-genotype strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with high-level mupirocin resistance in a neonatal intensive care unit. Early Hum Dev 2013;89:661–665.
10. Pierce, R, Bryant, K, Lessler, J, Milstone, AM. Bacterial and fungal infections in neonates following mupirocin-based MRSA decolonization: a multicenter cohort study. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2017;38:930–936.