Each of the below are headlined by a summary statement of one of the 5 key WHO Action Plan Goals. For each, the special issue seeks to pair at least one each of an overview review paper that informs reaching the Goal, and an original research paper in the area as well (not all objectives have both).
1. Update laws and policies in line with international human rights instruments
Original Research: Mental health disabilities and human rights protections
2. Improve service coverage for serious mental illness by 20%
Original Research: Development of a scoring system for non-specialist ratings of clinical competence in global mental health: A qualitative process evaluation of the Enhancing Assessment of Common Therapeutic Factors (ENACT) scale
3. Have at least 2 functioning multi-sectoral prevention/promotion programs
4. Reduce national suicide rate by 10%
5. Minimal biennial national core dataset collection and reporting