1. Submarine erosion off Holderness is a fact, as pointed out by Winn.
2. The rate is greatest between H. and L.W.M.'s.
3. Between L.W. and 20 feet it is much less rapid.
4. Below 20 feet it still further diminishes to the 30-ft. line; outside which it apparently dies away.
5. Groynes—taking the long view—are unfortunately only a temporary safeguard for this district of easily eroded clay.
The writer's sincere thanks are due to Mr. G. W. Lamplugh, F.R.S., for his very kind and keen interest in the work.