2. Anon. EFSA Working group on opinion of the Scientific Panel on Biological Hazards related to the use of antimicrobials for the control of Salmonella in poultry. European Food Safety Authority Journal 2004; 115: 1–76.
3. Lindsay, EA, et al. Role of electronic data exchange in an international outbreak caused by Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium DT204b. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 732–734.
4. Ward, LR, et al. A collaborative investigation of an outbreak of Salmonella enterica serotype Newport in England and Wales in 2001 associated with ready-to-eat salad vegetables. Communicable Disease & Public Health 2002; 5: 301–304.
5. Fisher, IST. The Enter-net international surveillance network – how it works. Eurosurveillance 1999; 4: 52–55.
6. Fisher, IST. Dramatic shift in the epidemiology of Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis phage types in Western Europe, 1998–2003 – results from the Enter-net international salmonella database. Eurosurveillance 2004; 9: 43–45.
7. Ward, LR, de Sa, JD, Rowe, B. A phage-typing scheme for Salmonella Enteritidis. Epidemiology and Infection 1987; 99: 291–294.
8. Threlfall, EJ, et al. Application of pulsed-field gel electrophoresis to an international outbreak of Salmonella agona. Emerging Infectious Diseases 1996; 2: 130–132.
9. Threlfall, EJ, et al. Molecular fingerprinting defines a strain of Salmonella enterica serotype Anatum responsible for an international outbreak associated with formula-dried milk. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 121: 289–293.
10. Swaminathan, B, et al. PulseNet: the molecular subtyping network for foodborne bacterial disease surveillance, United States. 2001. Emerging Infectious Diseases 7: 382–389.
11. Threlfall, EJ, et al. Harmonisation of antibiotic susceptibility testing for Salmonella – results of a study by 18 national reference laboratories within the European Union-funded Enter-net group. Microbial Drug Resistance 1999; 5: 195–200.
12. Peters, TM, et al. The Salmgene project – a European collaboration for DNA fingerprinting for food-related salmonellosis. Eurosurveillance 2003; 8: 46–50.
13. Gatto, AJ, et al. Distribution of molecular subtypes within Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis phage type 4 and S. Typhimurium definitive phage type 104 in nine European countries, 2000–2004: results of an international multi-centre study. Epidemiology and Infection 2006; 134: 729–736.
14. Hunter, SB, et al. Establishment of a universal size standard strain for use with the PulseNet standardized pulsed-field gel electrophoresis protocols: converting the national databases to the new size standard. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2005; 43: 1045–1050.
15. Swaminathan, B, et al. Building PulseNet International: an interconnected system of laboratory networks to facilitate timely public health recognition and response to foodborne disease outbreaks and emerging foodborne diseases. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2006; 3: 36–50.
16. Liebana, E, et al. Multiple genetic typing of Salmonella Enteritidis phage-types 4, 6, 7, 8 and 13a isolates from animals and humans in the UK. Veterinary Microbiology 2004; 100: 189–195.
17. Fernandez, J, et al. Analysis of molecular epidemiology of Chilean Salmonella enterica serotype enteritidis isolates by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and bacteriophage typing. Journal Clinical Microbiology 2003; 41: 1617–1622.
18. de Jong, B, Ekdahl, K. Human salmonellosis in travellers is highly correlated to the prevalence of salmonella in laying hen flocks. Eurosurveillance 2006; 11: 7.
21. Brown, DJ, et al. The characterization of Danish isolates of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis by phage typing and plasmid profiling: 1980–1990. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica 1994; 102: 208–214.
22. Schroeter, A, et al. Salmonella enteritidis phage types in Germany. European Journal of Epidemiology 1994; 10: 645–648.
23. Lukinmaa, S, et al. Genomic diversity within phage types of Salmonella enterica ssp. enterica serotypes Enteritidis and Typhimurium. Foodborne Pathogens and Diseases 2006; 3: 97–105.
24. van Duijkeren, E, et al. Serotype and phage type distribution of Salmonella strains isolated from humans, cattle, pigs, and chickens in the Netherlands from 1984 to 2001. Journal Clinical Microbiology 2002; 40: 3980–3985.
25. Karpiskova, R, Mikulaskova, M. Salmonella phage types distribution in the Czech Republic in 1991–1994. Central European Journal Public Health 1995; 3: 161–162.
26. Cieslik, A, et al. Phage types and plasmid profiles of plasmid DNA strains of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica ser. Enteritidis (S. Enteritidis) isolated from food poisoning outbreaks in 2001. Medycyna Doswiadczalna Mikrobiologia 2002; 54: 325–334.
27. Majtanova, L. Occurrence of Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis phage types in the Slovak Republic. European Journal Epidemiology 1997; 13: 243–245.
28. Majtanova, L. Occurrence of phage types of non-typhoid Salmonella serovar in the Slovak Republic 2000–2003. Epidemiologie Mikrobiologie Imunologie 2004; 53: 70–73.
29. Nygård, K, et al. Emergence of new Salmonella Enteritidis phage types in Europe? Surveillance of infections in returning travellers. BMC Medicine 2004; 2: 32.