1. Lopman, BA, et al. Viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in Europe, 1995–2000. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2003; 9: 90–96.
2. Blanton, LH, et al. Molecular and epidemiologic trends of caliciviruses associated with outbreaks of acute gastroenteritis in the United States, 2000–2004. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2006; 193: 413–421.
3. Maunula, L, Von Bonsdorff, CH. Norovirus genotypes causing gastroenteritis outbreaks in Finland 1998–2002. Journal of Clinical Virology 2005; 34: 186–194.
4. Parashar, U, et al. ‘Norwalk-like viruses’. Public health consequences and outbreak management. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Recommendations and Reports 2001; 50: 1–17.
5. Iivonen, J (eds) Infectious Diseases in Finland 1995–2004. Helsinki: Edita Prima, 2005, p. 25.
6. Tian, L, Liu, K. Letters to the author, re: ‘Easy SAS calculations for risk or prevalence ratios and differences’. American Journal of Epidemiology 2006; 163: 1157–1158.
7. Loisy, F, et al. Real-time RT-PCR for norovirus screening in shellfish. Journal of Virological Methods 2005; 123: 1–7.
8. Vinje, J, Hamidjaja, RA, Sobsey, MD. Development and application of a capsid VP1 (region D) based reverse transcription PCR assay for genotyping of genogroup I and II noroviruses. Journal of Virological Methods 2004; 116: 109–117.
9. Maunula, L, Miettinen, IT, von Bonsdorff, CH. Norovirus outbreaks from drinking water. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 1716–1721.
10. Le Guyader, FS, et al. Round-robin comparison of methods for the detection of human enteric viruses in lettuce. Journal of Food Protection 2004; 67: 2315–2319.
11. Deneen, VC, et al. The impact of foodborne calicivirus disease: the Minnesota experience. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2000; 181: S281–283.
12. Rutjes, SA, et al. Detection of noroviruses in foods: a study on virus extraction procedures in foods implicated in outbreaks of human gastroenteritis. Journal of Food Protection 2006; 69: 1949–1956.
13. Bowen, A, et al. Infections associated with cantaloupe consumption: a public health concern. Epidemiology and Infection 2006; 134: 675–685.
14. Schmid, D, et al. A foodborne norovirus outbreak due to manually prepared salad, Austria 2006. Infection 2007; 35: 232–239.